× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimny v6

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2013 10:09 #70761 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic jimny v6
Everything needs to be stronger when fitting a bigger engine. This adds to the total weight. But with a much more powerful engine, weight is no real issue.

But if you fit a bigger engine and not have axles and shaft that can take the extra power and torque, then things break. I believe Gazwell's jimny started with 70 series axles, but these weren't strong enough as far as I remember.

But everything can be broken in the right hands :)

But a big engine is not everything. Look at this years Croatia Trophy. A Jimny with standard engine came in 3rd overall, in trophy class. It's fitted with portal axles, which also adds to the weight.

I don't know the weight of the 2.5 V6. I'm guessing around 150-180 Kgs. Perhaps Rob@ORA knows?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimnykey
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2013 11:59 #70766 by jimnykey
Replied by jimnykey on topic jimny v6
that jimny with the v6 in which you put the link on for has got landrover axles on it 70 series are a prety strong axle. i know that nothing is unbreakable but a standard 70 is a hell of alot stronger than land rover ones

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2013 14:43 #70772 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic jimny v6
The jimny in the link under bren 998 is gazwell's jimny. Bren is his mate and co driver.

The car was running the v6 through sj chromo axles which are now fitted to my car.

You are correct so far in that he now runs 70 series axles but they are also uprated items, chromo 4340 I believe.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2013 14:47 #70774 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic jimny v6
Yes, they need to be uprated to take the power of the V6. Standard LC 70 axles may be stronger than jimny axles. But are not very strong axles in general. Especially if considering fitting a front diff locker.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds