× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

jimny tracking with bigger tyres. where?

• supergaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2013 18:35 #70699 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic jimny tracking with bigger tyres. where?

jimnybob wrote:

vitara_mad wrote: get the wheels balanced if you not already had them done

who can I get to balance them? The place I took it to for tracking said 31" tyres won't fit in most tyre balancers. Should I take them to a lorry depot? Cheers

Lorry tyres are not balanced! Find a tyre fitter that can balance them! Most of the big name tyre fitting places do have the correct equipment, its just they don't know how to use it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimnybob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2013 18:54 #70700 by jimnybob
Replied by jimnybob on topic jimny tracking with bigger tyres. where?
Oh, learn something new everyday :p sounds like big tyre fitters are pretty useless. I'll give it another go

• jimnybob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2013 21:36 #70730 by jimnybob
Replied by jimnybob on topic jimny tracking with bigger tyres. where?
Changed the front wheels to some vitara wheels with kuhmo tyres and I drives like a dream even with out a steering damper. Whilst I remember can someone help me find a how too for fitting my steering damper please :D

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2013 23:43 #70743 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic jimny tracking with bigger tyres. where?

Dave cc wrote:

markyp2000 wrote: There fobbing you off cos the tracking is a pain in the butt due to having 4 adjustments i did mine the other week took me a good hour as it was so far out i kept having to take the bars off to adjust each joint on its own

4 wheel alinement is so the stearing wheel is set straight

you can get front and rear wheel tracking done seperate

How do you track the back wheels on a jimny then ?

You cant as you already know i was just explaining what the different types of tracking there is but reading it back i should have put on most other cars

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2013 20:03 #70808 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic jimny tracking with bigger tyres. where?
try Heyford Protyre Bicester

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds