× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gear box vitara to jimny

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2013 09:06 #70450 by russell
Gear box vitara to jimny was created by russell
Hello guys I have been looking at a vitara box in my shed witch I removed from a 1.6 vit and comparing it to the box in my 1.3 jimny because the ratios are better i just wondered if people have scratched there heads over this before

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2013 09:31 #70452 by maverick
Replied by maverick on topic Gear box vitara to jimny
i have an SJ box (6:1 with a 2-low kit) in my Jimny - you'll be needing custom made props and a custom made cradle.

Jalapeño, IISY?

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2013 10:53 #70458 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Gear box vitara to jimny
if you wanting better ratio just change the transfer box

• gus2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2013 12:09 #70460 by gus2000
Replied by gus2000 on topic Gear box vitara to jimny
Hello, in the (Chile)

www.twistedandes.com/foro/showthread.php?t=17280

José Manuel in a Samurai, placed in series the two t-case: first vitara engine, with gearbox and t-case, and in its original place the t-case of samurai.

is long, but shows a modification very interesting (and complicated). With the meticulously detailed

Starting from three page are the pictures of the T-case

Very good project to adapt to a jimny... :) Engine, gearbox and t-case form vitara and second t-case original jimny....

• russell
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2013 12:48 #70467 by russell
Replied by russell on topic Gear box vitara to jimny
Thanks guys iv removed the t box from the vit box and was just looking out of interest because the box looks ever so similar I was wondering if the rear end cap of the jimny box will fit the vit box and then I can keep the jimny t box as is the vit box measures up very simalar iv got to do a clutch on the jimny soon so will get both boxs on the floor and see what I can come up with, maybe even possible to swap some of the gears over from box to box to give me a better fith gear iv done this white land rover boxes in the past I was just intrigued to see if any 1 has tried this, the jimny is awesome it just needs a better fourth and fith gear for road travelling and fuel economy

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2013 17:22 #70497 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Gear box vitara to jimny

gus2000 wrote: Hello, in the (Chile)

www.twistedandes.com/foro/showthread.php?t=17280

José Manuel in a Samurai, placed in series the two t-case: first vitara engine, with gearbox and t-case, and in its original place the t-case of samurai.

is long, but shows a modification very interesting (and complicated). With the meticulously detailed

Starting from three page are the pictures of the T-case

Very good project to adapt to a jimny... :) Engine, gearbox and t-case form vitara and second t-case original jimny....

Great job cant read a word of it but get the jist i think twin transfer box very clever :)

• gus2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2013 20:53 #70508 by gus2000
Replied by gus2000 on topic Gear box vitara to jimny

Dave cc wrote: Great job cant read a word of it but get the jist i think twin transfer box very clever :)

Hello Dave, try

www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from...read.php%3Ft%3D17280

not ideal, but improves.. :dry:

Gustavo

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2013 22:48 #70516 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Gear box vitara to jimny

gus2000 wrote:

Dave cc wrote: Great job cant read a word of it but get the jist i think twin transfer box very clever :)

Hello Dave, try

www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from...read.php%3Ft%3D17280

not ideal, but improves.. :dry:

Gustavo

Thanks guss will try it bagged a SJtranfer box tonite for £23 so mite have a go making one up :)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds