BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny insurance

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2013 17:35 #63867 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Jimny insurance
Adrian Flux is a good pleace to start imo hth ................. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Docmartin4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2013 17:39 #63868 by Docmartin4x4
Replied by Docmartin4x4 on topic Jimny insurance
I know this will sound a bit obvious, but have you tried all the compare sites? My insurance is £190 fully comp with windscreen cover. I have a scooby classic which was only costing £500 fully comp but to insure my Jimny through the same company was £350!!!! and i almost went with them! A quick search saved me nearly £200.
Mart

More
24 Feb 2013 18:18 #63872 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Jimny insurance
before you part with the money, check the company out on www.reviewcentre.com.

There is one company in particular best avoided I wont post the name in an open forum but

www.reviewcentre.com/reviews103920.html says it all.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2013 21:28 #63890 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Jimny insurance

JimnyDan wrote: Im 18 and my insurance is 900, through co op young drivers, it fits a smart box which monitors your driving but it doesnt really bother me as the jimny cant go that fast anyway :D

They're pretty good at going sideways though :lol:

More
25 Feb 2013 14:17 #63923 by cos124
Replied by cos124 on topic Jimny insurance
i wasn't aware that if you have a number of years no claims registered in your name, you can't use it on a second car. You basically have to start from zero. It caught me out big way, when i bought the Jimny and the insurabce co asked for proof of my no claims.... What a rip off! A legal way to rob motorist. :evil:

More
25 Feb 2013 14:29 #63924 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Jimny insurance

cos124 wrote: i wasn't aware that if you have a number of years no claims registered in your name, you can't use it on a second car. You basically have to start from zero. It caught me out big way, when i bought the Jimny and the insurabce co asked for proof of my no claims.... What a rip off! A legal way to rob motorist. :evil:

True, but a lot of companies will give you the equivalent discount for the second car if you ask them. For example LV do, particularly if you ask for a multicar policy, LV then said to me "we don't do multicar polices, but we can offer you the equivalent discount on the second car"

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2013 17:14 #63931 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Jimny insurance
same here with Frank Pickles and Adrain Flux - tell them its a fun car and if its on a low mileage policy then they will give very competitive prices

• trextr7monkey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2013 17:27 #63932 by trextr7monkey
Replied by trextr7monkey on topic Jimny insurance
I spoke with Admiral last week for a quoute for son aged 21 to drive daughter's Jimny -they were talking £1500 when I asked why so expensive they said in their ranking it was insurance group 17 due to cost of repairs/panels etc, it's not really going to work for young people at that rate :(

atb
Mike

• Teds Jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2013 18:28 #63937 by Teds Jimny
Replied by Teds Jimny on topic Jimny insurance
I still can't find a good competitive price, and I have also found that quotes quickly expire so when I find a good one, I look at it again later and it's £300 more! I just called 'insure the box' and they said comparison website prices and totally different to actual insurance costs, making the prices they advertise false, is this even legal? :(

• JimnyDan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2013 18:49 #63940 by JimnyDan
Replied by JimnyDan on topic Jimny insurance

Teds Jimny wrote: I still can't find a good competitive price, and I have also found that quotes quickly expire so when I find a good one, I look at it again later and it's £300 more! I just called 'insure the box' and they said comparison website prices and totally different to actual insurance costs, making the prices they advertise false, is this even legal? :(

have you tried co op young drivers mate, try listing your parents/grand parents as well as it brings the quote down

• Shooter1994
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2013 06:57 #63987 by Shooter1994
Replied by Shooter1994 on topic Jimny insurance
All I can surgest mate is having to bite the bullet for the first year to get your no claims and then after that it should fall by about 1000£ I know this is still a lot but in the long run it would be worth it. At least I hope that

• Teds Jimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2013 20:43 #64085 by Teds Jimny
Replied by Teds Jimny on topic Jimny insurance
How do you tell them it's a 'fun' car? Websites don't give the option to select 'fun', or do I do it by phone? And if I told them that, would they start to think, I'm a risk, doing 'boy racer' activity as I'm a 17yr old male...? Cheers

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds