× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Headlights

More
23 Jan 2013 10:22 #59271 by maverick
Headlights was created by maverick
How do you adjust headlight beam and direction?

Since putting on new (2nd hand) headlights, my beam is a little low, even with the self adjuster at zero).

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sandspider
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2013 12:47 #59279 by Sandspider
Replied by Sandspider on topic Headlights
Not sure about Jimnys as I don't have one (yet!) but on my current car, there are screw heads around the actual light bulb unit / lens (or perhaps around the bulb itself) to adjust the angle... Try that?

• wanderinstar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2013 13:39 #59284 by wanderinstar
Replied by wanderinstar on topic Headlights
On mine, a 2002 one, they are adjusted up and Down ellectrically. There is a switching right hand. Sie of steering wheel. At about4oclock,. Side to side I don,t know. Sorry

More
23 Jan 2013 16:05 #59291 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Headlights
They are adjustable up and down and side to side with a screwdriver. There are 2 slots, one at the top of the back of the light on the engine side, its like a small wheel with teeth inside a plastic housing, and the other which looks the same is on the back of the motor. They seem to take a lot of turning for not much movement which makes it quite easy to adjust them accurately. Sorry cant remember which does which action, but I would imagine the top one is side to side and the one on the motor for up and down.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds