BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
03 Jul 2020 19:24 #224462 by mlines
Fitted the diff that has the new ARB locker onto the Jimny today. Aired up the tank and it all works!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2020 00:03 - 04 Jul 2020 00:05 #224465 by Rabid Rhino
R2D 2 things to consider: price of engine out there plus their labour vs price of engine in UK plus UK labour.
What a spot of luck finding them. Looks like you're in good hands with their racing pedigree. I definitely consider them doing the swap.

Looking for a nice clean and straight LHD Jimny..... Not any more.
Got one that seems to have been magnatized and driven through the "Big Jimny Bits" parts stores too quickly so it missed a few items.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2020 00:05 by Rabid Rhino.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
04 Jul 2020 08:57 #224469 by DrRobin
You’re not having much luck with those Italian roads, but at least getting the repairs done is straight forward enough.

Just think, if you get the 1.6L engine you will virtually have a new Jimny and should come back a little quicker.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
04 Jul 2020 13:23 #224478 by BGBrit
I think the Italian mechanic's are better than the Bulgarian ones. Lucky you.

Tony

More
04 Jul 2020 13:44 - 04 Jul 2020 13:45 #224480 by X8GGY

Rabid Rhino wrote: R2D 2 things to consider: price of engine out there plus their labour vs price of engine in UK plus UK labour.
What a spot of luck finding them. Looks like you're in good hands with their racing pedigree. I definitely consider them doing the swap.

LOL :lol: I had to read that a few times before realising what you were saying then... I thought it was a Star Wars reference! :laugh:
Last edit: 04 Jul 2020 13:45 by X8GGY.

More
04 Jul 2020 13:57 #224483 by Old Neil
Today i tryed to get to the bottom of some of the problems with my jimny, suspected vacuum leak in brake booster, bought second hand one from 2007jimny, same part number
While i was digging around that area remembered Reason2douht's post, corroded electrical terminals, bingo not as bad but needed attention (thanks R2d)
All together brakes are better but similar symptoms, Busta did say it is jimny trait,

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

More
04 Jul 2020 18:55 #224505 by Reason2doubt

X8GGY wrote:

Rabid Rhino wrote: R2D 2 things to consider: price of engine out there plus their labour vs price of engine in UK plus UK labour.

LOL :lol: I had to read that a few times before realising what you were saying then... I thought it was a Star Wars reference! :laugh:

Haha it's not the first time someone has pointed out 2 things to me and caused star wars confusion! :laugh: :laugh:

More
05 Jul 2020 18:48 #224550 by Keithy
Made myself a new trim......quite happy with it too :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, Reason2doubt

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2020 03:21 - 11 Jul 2020 06:28 #224811 by GeorgeC
Replied by GeorgeC on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Fitted the new Battery!

This post follows on from: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...ay?start=1296#224703

The new battery is the same height as the original to the top of the terminals

The Battery sits on the plastic tray with about 4mm of total space at the end and the side.

Sorry for the half-shade photo, the battery is now fitted, all good!

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2020 06:28 by GeorgeC.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2020 07:11 #224816 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Looks good George, looks like it grew there. The benefits may take a little while to show themselves. Chris

More
11 Jul 2020 12:25 #224832 by Soeley
Not really something I did on the Jimny, but for the Jimny.
A while back I bought a 90⁰ USBC lead to use with the Android Auto. I have a magnetic mount on the front of the coin tray to hold my phone whilst connected. A straight lead stuck out too much. Unfortunately the 90⁰ lead only works as a charging cable an not a Data cable.

I had a short lead that was the perfect length, so I cut away all the plastic, bent the lead to 90⁰ as tight as possible and moulded some epoxy filler round it. Once set I filed and shaped it to suit.
Attachments:

• Grima
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2020 15:08 #224834 by Grima
Replied by Grima on topic What did you do to your jimny today?

Hi Soeley, this is the one I use. Super flexi cable that is easy to hide.

Another Gen4 cup holder £15 Ebay Lots of the same product different prices.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds