BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
16 Jun 2020 21:09 #223652 by DrRobin
Sweet and Buon Viaggio!

Wish I was going rather than back and forwards to Gateshead (work).

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2020 08:21 #223668 by Reason2doubt

DrRobin wrote: Sweet and Buon Viaggio!

Wish I was going rather than back and forwards to Gateshead (work).

I was back up at Gateshead over the weekend to make sure my flat was all sorted out before I handed it back to the letting agent. I did think to maybe pop up and do a quick green lane! :P

The joy of working at the moment is that I only need a stable internet connection!

More
17 Jun 2020 18:29 #223682 by BGBrit
Reason toDoubt...
Don't forget your travel forms before you go... Here is a link...www.gov.uk/government/news/attestation-f...to-and-within-france

Let me know how you got on with tha variuos border controls as I'm travelling from the UK through France-Germany-Hungary and down home to Bulgaria 7th July is my ferry booking.

Cheers
Tony.

More
17 Jun 2020 21:28 #223690 by Reason2doubt

BGBrit wrote: Reason toDoubt...
Don't forget your travel forms before you go... Here is a link...www.gov.uk/government/news/attestation-f...to-and-within-france

Let me know how you got on with tha variuos border controls as I'm travelling from the UK through France-Germany-Hungary and down home to Bulgaria 7th July is my ferry booking.

Cheers
Tony.

I don't think we need them anymore...that article is a fair bit out of date now. Have a read:

www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
The following user(s) said Thank You: BGBrit

More
17 Jun 2020 21:53 #223691 by BGBrit
I see, things are changing fast then.. Well thanks for the info, and good luck on your travels. I'm looking foward to go home myself.

Regards
Tony.

More
17 Jun 2020 22:04 - 17 Jun 2020 22:04 #223692 by Reason2doubt
Yes they did change very quickly. I did subscribe to the travel updates and I think this page was updated every 3 days in some degree.

I will still let you know how our journey goes :) Hopefully there are no problems for either of us!
Last edit: 17 Jun 2020 22:04 by Reason2doubt.

More
18 Jun 2020 07:18 #223693 by BGBrit
That's great.. I plan on sharing my experiences travelling across Europe (alone) with the forum when (if) I get home to Bulgaria as there is a question that the Jimny will find it difficult or possible to tow a 1000kgs loaded up caravan that far and with the road conditions I'll likely meet (that's a max of 1000kgs). I hope going through the Carpathian mountains in Romanian will be uneventful, especially at night????
Cheers
Tony.

More
18 Jun 2020 09:26 #223694 by gusthegorilla
That's one hell of a journey you're undertaking, Tony, I have a friend lives in Plovdiv, so I wish I was right behind you !!

Wish you all the very best for the trip....would be interested in a pic of Jimny + caravan, too, if you have one..often thought about downsizing my tourer...

Gus :lol:

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!

More
18 Jun 2020 09:54 #223695 by BGBrit
Yes, it's a good stretch of the Jimny's legs that's for sure. Some say it will be crazy to do, some daft, some brave, I'm all of those things at times, so we shall see how it goes as it's all happening shortly, and I have all my fingers and toes crossed. I know I should buy a more substantial vehicle to tow the caravan, but hey, I wouldn't be a Jimny driver then would I.
Tomorrow I'm changing the kingpin bearings and shaft seal on the driver side, (Thanks Martin and Jimny shop) all bolts slackened off this morning, so will have them out and replaced tomorrow.
Thanks for wishing me good luck Gus.
Photo coming soon.
Tony.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gusthegorilla

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Jun 2020 12:49 #223701 by Lambert
Not mountain conditions by any means but I regularly tow 1300 kg behind Dreadnaught up some fairly serious inclines here in the dales and while slow she's never missed a beat. In a hundred and five thousand miles.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
18 Jun 2020 12:50 #223702 by 300bhpton

More
18 Jun 2020 17:42 #223712 by BGBrit
Lambert... you're building my confidence,,, cheers.

Tony.

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds