BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

• Eskimo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jul 2018 21:25 #194310 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Not quite today, but picked the Jimny up on Friday after the dreaded MOT..............:( :S

No advisories and straight through with a slight tweak to the rear brake compensator :woohoo: .Not bad for a 16yr old Jimny. The blokes at the garage even commented on what great condition if was in.

Guess I'll be keeping the jimny for a while then B) :lol: :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dom
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2018 18:42 #194346 by Dom
Replied by Dom on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Today I drove around 200 miles with no rear prop, anyone got a good second hand one they don't need?

• MisterJiggles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2018 14:27 - 17 Jul 2018 16:42 #194388 by MisterJiggles
Replied by MisterJiggles on topic What did you do to your jimny today
I ripped its arse off!

Tail lights aren't working so I've taken the bumper off to find the usual exhaust melting the loom had happened quite severely, so now I've got to find a new loom because it's just too knackered to repair.

I also took it as an opportunity to put some rust inhibiting primer on any little rust spots on the body whilst it’s off, but it’s was actually in surprisingly good condition once it was cleaned of dirt and mud.

Hopefully that's all that's wrong with it, haven't even been able to drive it yet!
Last edit: 17 Jul 2018 16:42 by MisterJiggles.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
17 Jul 2018 16:29 #194394 by Riccy
Replaced the oil pan, gone porous and leaking a little :-(

Messy job but had to be done. Easy on J999MNY as theres 4.5" spring and 2" body lifts. Only thing that came off was the oil pan itself to do the swap :-)

Then onto some bushings on the gearstick that have been annoying me for a while. A recent post by Michael-c about them prompted me to copy him and get some for a mini today. They go in with the intermediate prop unbolted from the t-box easily, as he says, and make a huge difference to the gear selection.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

• MisterJiggles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2018 20:36 #194424 by MisterJiggles
Replied by MisterJiggles on topic What did you do to your jimny today

MisterJiggles wrote: I ripped its arse off!

Tail lights aren't working so I've taken the bumper off to find the usual exhaust melting the loom had happened quite severely, so now I've got to find a new loom because it's just too knackered to repair.

I also took it as an opportunity to put some rust inhibiting primer on any little rust spots on the body whilst it’s off, but it’s was actually in surprisingly good condition once it was cleaned of dirt and mud.

Hopefully that's all that's wrong with it, haven't even been able to drive it yet!

Update, new loom did the trick, tucked it way with kevlar heat protection around it so hopefully it won't be a problem again! Now to get the Hankook Dynapro ATms fitted!

More
04 Aug 2018 13:45 #194824 by ahtr
Had a battle with the steering wheel. Airbag light had come on and horn stopped working, so replaced the squib behind the wheel with 2nd hand one.

Wheel put up a solid fight, bit of a rough puller knocked up and wound a load of tension in it, then a bfh and a block of wood on the back of the wheel eventually did the trick ;)

Airbag light cleared and horn working again!

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs
Attachments:

• MadsV
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Aug 2018 14:37 #194825 by MadsV
Replied by MadsV on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Removed my wheel the other day, its the same procedure as windshield wipers. They stick pretty hard if you try pulling straight out. I wiggled the wheel and it came off in about 15 seconds

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Aug 2018 04:36 #194832 by Lambert
Spent the useful parts of yesterday trying to get air out of the brakes. Not entirely successfully. They're working reasonably but I think another bleed could have benefit.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Aug 2018 14:03 #194842 by jackonlyjack
Made a new mount for number plate

Just didn't fancy putting 30kg on the door

Also noticed both plate lights out new ones fitted
MOT tomorrow :pinch:
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Aug 2018 05:59 #194928 by Lambert
Got the last of the air out of the brakes. Another step closer to a rally car!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 Aug 2018 10:17 #194942 by yakuza

Max Headroom wrote: I changed the wiper blades on mine today, but not without some hassle....

Still being a bit of a noob with the Jimny I didn't realise that the drivers and passenger blades are different lengths. :(

So off I trot back to Halfrauds once again to get the correct pair - a Bosch AR 16U and an AR 18U.

Curious that when I checked the little book on the wiper-blade stand again, it is only the Bosch flat wipers that Halfords have made the mistake with - the other wiper brand alternatives for the Jimny state the two different sizes. Had I noticed that, I may have questioned it saying to use two AR 16 U blades.

My supplier (like a halfords kinda place) gave me the two different lengths and i gave him a bit of a protest as i was claiming that it should be two of same length. But he said that almost all cars have different lengths actually so i gave up and fitted them. Worked much better than the old ones.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• NineCherries
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Aug 2018 12:48 - 16 Aug 2018 12:48 #195175 by NineCherries
Replied by NineCherries on topic What did you do to your jimny today
With the usual trepidation Jimny was left with the stern looking man at the MOT station, “we’ll give you a call when it’s done” was our parting words.

I couldn’t wait for the call, with sweaty palms and a bead of sweat forming on my forehead I opened the door to the garage....

To be met with a big smiling face letting me know I’m all good for another year, not even an advisory! Happy days. I was fairly sure it was all ok before I dropped off the keys but I always get this pang of worry just before an MOT. Anyway I’m away to look at big light bars and suspension now ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edit: 16 Aug 2018 12:48 by NineCherries.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds