BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
09 Jun 2018 10:30 #193323 by facade

Basketcase wrote: Not today but yesterday I changed the rear offside wheel bearing but also buggered my brake pipe so started to make a new one and just can’t screw the new unions in!

Jimny unions (the hollow bolt part) are threaded right to the end. "Normal" motor-factors ones are plain for the last 3mm so they won't actually screw into anything.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2018 10:33 #193324 by facade
Meanwhile I was so fed up with people staring and pointing at the GRAUNCH-GRAUNCH-GRAUNCH noise that I got the jack out, took the wheel off, and bent the disc dustsheild away from the disc.

Why do they start touching when nothing hits them???

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
09 Jun 2018 11:06 #193327 by Basketcase
Where do you get strange Suzuki ones from the other than main dealer?:( spent £4 on those bloody things!!

More
09 Jun 2018 17:48 #193340 by facade
You already had 2 on the old pipe ;)

I don't know what they call the fully threaded ones, but you can buy them on eBay easily enough.

More
09 Jun 2018 19:25 - 09 Jun 2018 19:26 #193341 by Basketcase
I did indeed have some on the old pipe but my spanner’s seemed to be the wrong size....whatever size I used....round nuts are hard to get out lol...managed to do it with the partially threaded ones just had to get the mrs to flair the pipes I lost patience with it :)
Last edit: 09 Jun 2018 19:26 by Basketcase.

More
10 Jun 2018 21:23 #193359 by 1390_taz
Replaced everything on front end. Kingpins, half shaft oil seal, swivel joint seal, new calipers discs and pads. With helpfrom Chris
Attachments:

• Venter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2018 08:25 #193367 by Venter
Replied by Venter on topic What did you do to your jimny today

1390_taz wrote: Replaced everything on front end. Kingpins, half shaft oil seal, swivel joint seal, new calipers discs and pads. With helpfrom Chris

Nice. Where did you get the calipers and what did they set you back?

More
12 Jun 2018 08:48 #193388 by 1390_taz
Got the calipers from Ebay £95 the pair

2x Brake Caliper Front Left+Right Suzuki Jimny 1.3 16V NO DEPOSIT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Venter

More
12 Jun 2018 11:00 #193393 by X8GGY
I've had a pair too, quick delivery from Germany...! :woohoo:

More
12 Jun 2018 11:03 #193394 by 1390_taz
Thats the ones fitted them over the weekend with no problems just don't forget the copper washers

• shanefd2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jun 2018 22:25 #193561 by shanefd2
Replied by shanefd2 on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today
Finally got the tyres fitted the other day. Then went straight back and got the snorkel fitted. The template was rubbish and only good for the air feed hole.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180617/eb408b418917473374f1621f8e6a96db.heic

More
20 Jun 2018 08:10 #193658 by Basketcase

1390_taz wrote: Thats the ones fitted them over the weekend with no problems just don't forget the copper washers

Any ideas of an item number for these? That a bargain!

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds