BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
31 Oct 2022 15:48 #245671 by Abudougal
Yesterday I spend several hours underneath it changing the diff, gearbox and t/box fluids, it was cold and awkward and pumping the cold oil back in is pretty tiring.

After my mate had watched me do all this he told me about a cunning trick where you put a tube into the oil bottle and attach it to an air line to blow the oil out and up the tube into the gearbox or diff.

He got a lot of abuse for not mentioning that earlier!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Nov 2022 10:32 #245770 by Lambert
New roof system. 

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Attachments:

More
06 Nov 2022 18:52 #245779 by DrRobin
Bought some 6mm plywood to make a load area cover that will sit over the rear seats.

I will then cover it with some foam matting I bought for the workshop so our dog has something comfy to sit on.

I am going to make it in two pieces and use the mat to lock it together. Now just need to find the time to get the ply cut to size.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
07 Nov 2022 09:35 #245784 by Abudougal
Ask not what you can do for your JImny but what your JImny can do for you:)

God I love this thing, we dropped a couple of dead trees and chopped up for firewood and this got hauled out off some ridiculous slopes. The steering was a bit vague on the way home too..

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Nov 2022 13:52 #245789 by Lambert
They wouldn't have provided it with axle bump stops if they didn't expect you to use them!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
09 Nov 2022 16:40 #245851 by Zaskar97
Fitted an old man emu lift kit, on the drive at home. Just finished before the rain started.

More
10 Nov 2022 22:02 #245889 by Pete
Finally got around to hosing down the engine after the jimny meet south. And replaced the battery with a new 50Ah, only this is a bit taller than the last, and needs some longer holders.

Rocky | 2004 Gen3 M13a

More
13 Nov 2022 16:57 - 13 Nov 2022 16:58 #245922 by Soeley
I managed to find a rattle that had appeared. It wasn't a metallic tinny rattle, more of a basey rumble. It only seemed to sound due to vibrations caused while on a flat surface, bumps didn't make it any worse. After spending all last week removing things from the back of the car and going for a test drive (including the spare wheel), I did think it was the rear door at one point.

Today I reversed her up on the ramps to check out the rear suspension, turns out it was the left side rear, top shock mount. It was just loose enough for the shock to move on the bolt as it was no longer being pinched by the top mount.

It is my fault, I fitted the OME lift kit, but it seem impossible to get a torque wrench on to that top bolt? I may invest in a smaller 3/8" drive torque wrench to see if that gains access.

(This now leads on to a another new post  )
Last edit: 13 Nov 2022 16:58 by Soeley.

More
13 Nov 2022 21:29 #245927 by Delux
In answer to the OP, today I mostly made my Jimny worse trying to make it better!

The vacuum feed hose to the 4wd was split. I found some nice new vacuum hose and replaced it. As I had found quite a lot of vacuum hose I decided to blunder on and replace all the 4wd vacuum hoses. Some of them were on tight so I unbolted the engine bay fuse box to access them. Imagine my delight when several wires released themselves from the fusebox connectors revealing all their corroded glory!
Had to remove the connector, clean out the corroded terminals, fit new ones, look up the wiring diagram to check the order they go in then put it all back together again!

I work on my Jimny as an escape from my weekday job fixing cars, its like stopping at motorway services and playing turbo outrun in the arcade!

Busiest Mechanic in Scotland!
My pics (inc. pics of my latest Jimny project)...
www.flickr.com/photos/159422664@N08/albums
My ebay stuff for sale...
www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deeelux

More
18 Nov 2022 20:31 #246000 by gv42
Started the process to get the winch up and running

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

More
19 Nov 2022 17:17 #246011 by Pete
Trimmed the front bumper and move the license plate up a notch. 

Although, I am now wondering if this is a legal front bumper…?

Rocky | 2004 Gen3 M13a
Attachments:

More
24 Nov 2022 12:34 #246082 by gv42
Fitted Avo dampers , the Black raptor adjustable dampers will go in my brother's jimny Lm42

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds