BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
27 Aug 2020 18:15 #227411 by 300bhpton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2020 18:36 #227416 by jackonlyjack

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2020 13:15 #227488 by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Slam Panel primered

Attachments:

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Aug 2020 13:19 #227489 by TillymintDLG
What did you inflate to? Just askin...

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Sep 2020 12:32 #227624 by Lambert
Dreadnaught has been accused of being smol by one of the neighbours kids today. I had to look this up. Apparently smol is small and cute. Not quite sure that was the first impression I was going for but hey ho!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
06 Sep 2020 00:01 #227802 by Keithy
Attachments:

More
07 Sep 2020 21:54 #227907 by LM42
Made my own Radius arm mount guards, made from 90x90 box section, 3.5mm thick, washers to space it out, cost of just making the rears, was 7 quid for the box section

few design changes for the front ones, and again for my brothers when get the rest of the metal
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG

More
  • B3Hulk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2020 08:53 #228101 by B3Hulk
Replied by B3Hulk on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
Took the jimny through muddy puddle and lost my license plate going through.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Sep 2020 18:53 #228114 by Lambert
Today I filled a 20l bucket with mud and filth off the under side of the arches and out of the foot wells. Disgusting. Goes better though without the extra weight!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
12 Sep 2020 19:27 #228115 by wjamieson
Today I fitted a set of 2018+ Jimny Load Bars and a 1.4 M Eazy-Out Awning. Was considering the 3/4 rack and full rack but put off by the weight with 3/4 rack being 22 Kgs and the full rack being 27 Kgs. Add the awning on at 9.5 kgs you are already over the 30 kg limit.

Load bars plus Awning comes in at 18 kg so still some capacity for carrying as well and given the primary reason for the load bars/rack was to mount the awning I'm happy with the choice I made.

Quality of load bars and gutter mount etc was very good, One minor niggle in that the gutter mounts did not come with rubber or plastic coverings it was very much metal on metal. I appreciate that this the strongest option but don't like metal on metal. Easily fixed using some Gorilla tape to cover the ends before fitting.

The awning was again good quality however the bracket supplied with the awning was not black. Looked odd against the black load bars so sanded down applied some grey primer followed by black matt. Obviously just cosmetic but does now look better. One surprise when fitting the awning was that the bolts used to connect the awning to the bracket already fitted to the load bars was only M6. All other bolts relevant to the load bars and used to fix the mounting bracket to the load bars were M8. Initial thought was 4 x M6 bolts was not particularly strong however after actually fitting it does appear robust and well secured. I suppose giving that the awning only weighs 9.5 kg then 4 x M6 bolts should be fine.

Lastly I fitted 4 tie down points. Happy with my purchase and should give me some extra protection whether it be sun or rain when I head off on my 4 x 4 adventure next week.

• TillymintDLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Sep 2020 04:56 #228124 by TillymintDLG
So last week fitted an Armstrong steering damper from JB's and didn't have the opportunity to take it for a decent run until I took the Jimny in to have the slam panel replaced at an Excellent, not so local Body shop.
I can happily report that it has removed all trace of the steering 'shimmy' and was money well spent! I included a pic of the '05 on the ramps because this is the first time I actually used 2WD in Low range and was chuffed to mintballs at how easy it was to climb up the said ramps!

Cheers
Gaz
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds