BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
06 Jan 2022 18:14 #240940 by Dirtbird
Lads zipping up the last couple of bits and have a question for ye.
1 Where is the pipe for this normally I cannot for the life of me find it .

Next I think these connectors go into the main fuse box but not sure any advice lads. 

And lastly the combined gearbox, diff and transfer box breathers vent .

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2022 18:24 #240941 by Dirtbird
Put some cardboard under your back.
Clutch Judder Definition: Clutch judder is caused by the clutch components and the flywheel not meeting concentrically or mating properly. This generally happens after the vehicle has come to a complete stop and then engaging the clutch during take-off. The physical juddering is the clutch irregularly gripping and slipping as the pedal is let out.  Straight from this site support.competitionclutch.com/support/so...s-for-clutch-judder-
You can do it and will be proud as punch as soon as you have.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
07 Jan 2022 13:53 #240958 by Old Neil

Dirtbird wrote: Put some cardboard under your back.
Clutch Judder Definition: Clutch judder is caused by the clutch components and the flywheel not meeting concentrically or mating properly. This generally happens after the vehicle has come to a complete stop and then engaging the clutch during take-off. The physical juddering is the clutch irregularly gripping and slipping as the pedal is let out.  Straight from this site support.competitionclutch.com/support/so...s-for-clutch-judder-
You can do it and will be proud as punch as soon as you have.

Well that was 2 days out of my life, don't know how it could be as quoted as a 3 hour job replacing a clutch
You men must be jimny ninjas
Found out previous owner did have the clutch replaced BUT the so called mechanic must have put a lot of low temperature melting grease around throw out bearing and pivot piont and made its way onto clutch
I put a std excede clutch in, highly recommend

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
07 Jan 2022 15:03 #240959 by Roger Fairclough
The Suzuki gearbox is relatively light as the T-box is separate, so 3 hours is feasible but remember times are set by Suzuki and are based on a new motor in a clean workshop with all tools and parts to hand.

Remember the bit where I said light?

The LC gearbox comes with the T-box attached and the whole caboodle weighed in at 285lbs
Roger

More
08 Jan 2022 21:12 #240982 by Dirtbird
How satisfying does that feel? Forget about the times. The fact is a clutch change is a pretty serious bit of mechanics and doing it yourself saved you a couple of hundred euros. Not sure how much it would cost in the UK  but € 250 €300 would be ballpark over here. 
Looking forward to a spin and flask of tea on some mountain tomorrow evening some time. 
Well done man.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

More
10 Jan 2022 23:03 #241055 by LM42
Fancied a new head unit,so got a imars 10.1 android one, bit of a faff to fit,but works really well! Has WiFi, gps , rear view camere

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley

More
11 Jan 2022 15:12 #241069 by DrRobin
I completed my second set of wheels and tyres to something more suitable for the snow.

I picked up 2 x alloy wheels from a scrap yard in Dec and refurbished them (rubbing down, primer, paint and lacquer), fitted Hankook Dynapro as these have a good looking tread and are available in 205/70 R15, these went on the rear in mid-December with two Geolandars on the front.  It seemed to go okay on a few lanes just after Xmas.

Then picked up a third wheel from another scrap yard in mid Dec, but it needed a bit more work to remove kerb marks, then primed, painted and lacquered.  Together with the spare wheel these were also fitted with Dynapro and changed over today.

On the road there is no real difference to my Geolandars, no change in steering or noise, but I am hoping for a bit of snow to test the grip in 4x4.

I now have eight wheels, four on the car, the fifth as the spare and three I will keep in wheel bags at the back of the shed, so I have two full sets, one for ordinary most of the year use and a second set more suited to snow and soft stuff.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Jan 2022 18:07 #241080 by Lambert
Got a nice new mot for Temeraire!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlines, LM42, Soeley, Old Neil

More
13 Jan 2022 14:51 #241093 by Dirtbird
I like them wheels .

More
13 Jan 2022 14:53 #241094 by Dirtbird
Fitted a set of Osram Night Breakers much better than the ones that they replaced.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jan 2022 17:54 #241100 by Lambert
I have those too. They are very good.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
13 Jan 2022 21:03 #241106 by Soeley
I dropped my Jimny off at the dealers tonight ready for 3rd year service and 1st MOT tomorrow.

Time to create page: 0.404 seconds