BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2013 19:56 #61533 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Good idea Skinhead, but see Brave, Foolish....... thread. :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2013 21:50 #61603 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Fitted new osram daybreaker bulbs first passenger side and compared, couldnt see any difference :( but fitted both anyway.

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2013 08:58 #61639 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
That's weird Smoggy. I noticed the difference straight away and even the CO commented that the lights are much brighter when she drove it to night shift.

• Skinhead
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2013 09:38 #61644 by Skinhead
Replied by Skinhead on topic What did you do to your jimny today

Smoggy wrote: Fitted new osram daybreaker bulbs first passenger side and compared, couldnt see any difference :( but fitted both anyway.

I did exactly same about 2 days ago!

More
09 Feb 2013 09:55 #61646 by kirkynut

Skinhead wrote:

JivingDaddy wrote: Took her to KwikFit for a new exhaust quote. 495. It can wait a few weeks!!!

Whats up with ebay?
Cat about £70
Centre pipe £25
Backbox about £40 - £50
6 bolts to undo alltogether, half an hours work

6 bolts that are completely rusted up.... half an hour.... yeah right! The ones that can be cut off with ze grinder might be quick but the ones for the cat on a twin cam might be a bit different!

I suppose it might be different when changing the whole system and not trying to save parts.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
09 Feb 2013 09:57 #61647 by kirkynut

Skinhead wrote:

Smoggy wrote: Fitted new osram daybreaker bulbs first passenger side and compared, couldnt see any difference :( but fitted both anyway.

Is there any difference in the dark though. Have you tried them in the dark yet or just daylight?

So many of these around that are no different.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
09 Feb 2013 10:01 #61648 by kirkynut

Halford wrote: broke the speed limit ... :evil:

:( points make prizes :silly:

Are you going to frame the letter like a certificate of achievement. It's an achievement in a modified Jimjam after all!

Kirkynut

• Skinhead
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2013 10:02 #61649 by Skinhead

kirkynut wrote:

Skinhead wrote:

Is there any difference in the dark though. Have you tried them in the dark yet or just daylight?

Kirkynut

Ive tried them but i dont think i can see a difference, should have got xenon bulbs!

• Skinhead
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2013 10:04 #61650 by Skinhead

Halford wrote: broke the speed limit ... :evil:

:( points make prizes :silly:

Was it a 30 or was it in a school zone 20

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2013 11:43 #61665 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Another fruitless morning with rusted nuts. Abandoned until next weekend when I can borrow a Dremel and hopefully it wont be freezing rain as it is now.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2013 19:58 #61755 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic What did you do to your jimny today

kirkynut wrote:

Skinhead wrote:

Kirkynut

made a huge difference on my sons 2010 mini - much whiter and reach further down the road

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2013 21:29 #61798 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic What did you do to your jimny today
I tried them in the dark and lined them up on my garage door from about 20m away, they both looked the same. Osram certainly not brighter. Dont know what make the old ones were but they have a little 'pimple' on the tip.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds