BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

HD Halfshafts and CV's

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2012 13:48 #45994 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
well the shafts are back, and all being well this week ill have the kit fitted, so pics later and then "touch wood" get an MOT and get it back on the road!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oxford_bloke
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2012 17:56 #46022 by oxford_bloke
Replied by oxford_bloke on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
any news on when there going to be available for purchase and any idea of cost yet?

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2012 18:43 #46117 by bluejimny
time, looking like the end of the year :unsure: but price should be better than originally thought, but no firm pricing yet but lease i should be able to try them the end of this month B)

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Aug 2012 09:40 #46451 by bluejimny
well started the build up, but at the same time swapping the ring & pinion for better ratios, but i had an 8 bolt diff DOH

[img][IMG]http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/jimnybits/IMAG0436.jpg[/img][/img]

so just waiting for a 10 bolt diff to arrive and will continue from there!

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Aug 2012 15:41 #46471 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
Keep up the good work Russ, keen to see the outcome.

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2012 09:51 #46585 by bluejimny
well basically there done now, just got to do a few odd bits now to tidy up and make the proper bits, but by the end of the week they should be done and ready for testing, hopefully silverdale next month :whistle:

a few pics

The original TG cv is too long so the end is machined down so any hub can fit :)

So any hub will fit, but the SJ hubs would still need the adapter ring

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Oct 2012 21:03 #50379 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
So how we getting on??

Sent from my Nexus 7

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 07:43 #50399 by bluejimny
well ive been driving around for over 400 miles now with the 1st kit installed and all is fine, but not been off roading yet, i have all the equipment and tooling now to manufacture them but i dont have the time, plus im moving in december so its looking to be around feb-mar time when they will be on the shelf as i have a toolmaker starting with me in jan

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 12:17 #50413 by Sponnie

bluejimny wrote: well ive been driving around for over 400 miles now with the 1st kit installed and all is fine, but not been off roading yet, i have all the equipment and tooling now to manufacture them but i dont have the time, plus im moving in december so its looking to be around feb-mar time when they will be on the shelf as i have a toolmaker starting with me in jan

I'm running standard shafts on the 33's and done half a dozen pay 'n play's with no breakages. Sounds like you need to give them a thrashing so you can report back.

Are you running a front locker??

Cheers :)

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 13:11 #50425 by bluejimny
i no i need to get out soon, not been out since last year in the jimny! just been so busy no , no locker but might be tempted to fit one and see how it goes, but all being well ill be out the end of this month!

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Oct 2012 15:54 #50445 by Sponnie

bluejimny wrote: i no i need to get out soon, not been out since last year in the jimny! just been so busy no , no locker but might be tempted to fit one and see how it goes, but all being well ill be out the end of this month!

Good man :P

I defo will get lockers when the pockets allow. But not without some uprated shafts!

More
05 Feb 2013 13:59 #60959 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
So then... What's the score Jimnybits and Offroad Armoury?

When's the first load of HD shafts and CV's gonna be ready?

Will they fit my standard diff?

I want! I might sound like an impatient child but I'm not. I'm an impatient adult! :P

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds