BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

HD Halfshafts and CV's

• Rockwatt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jun 2012 19:14 #42088 by Rockwatt
Replied by Rockwatt on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's

bluejimny wrote: did a little on the shims to fit the larger CV's

the plan is going with TG ones, and yes with a bit of die grinding they will fit, as they are quite larger i plan to bring the stub out with a spacer
from testing they seem to need 5mm either side to get the cv clearance
then just machine the end of the TG CV to suit the jimny and what ever hub is being used as they are longer than the jimny ones

If your spacing them out don't overlook that the pivot point of the cv needs to be perfectly in line with the king pins or you will kill axle seals and hub sleeves in double quick time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2012 11:15 #42125 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's

Rockwatt wrote:

bluejimny wrote: did a little on the shims to fit the larger CV's

the plan is going with TG ones, and yes with a bit of die grinding they will fit, as they are quite larger i plan to bring the stub out with a spacer
from testing they seem to need 5mm either side to get the cv clearance
then just machine the end of the TG CV to suit the jimny and what ever hub is being used as they are longer than the jimny ones

If your spacing them out don't overlook that the pivot point of the cv needs to be perfectly in line with the king pins or you will kill axle seals and hub sleeves in double quick time.

all ready sorted, cheers :)

More
10 Jun 2012 20:09 #42141 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
When you going to start testing Rus? 17th Silverdale?

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2012 20:32 #42143 by bluejimny
hopefully silverdale or tickhill in july, just going pop in a front ARB while ive got everything stripped down, for some testing B)

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2012 20:57 #42145 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
see you on the 17th :)

More
10 Jun 2012 21:28 #42147 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's

darthloachie wrote: see you on the 17th :)

Yurp, sounds good to me! :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
13 Jul 2012 14:08 #44089 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
Just wondered Bluejimny how the testing is going? Are you designing your kits so that they will be completely bolt on, or will they need some machining to make them fit?
Do you have an idea yet as to when they will be available and what the price will be?
Thanks

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jul 2012 14:23 #44090 by bluejimny
well im still waiting for the shafts to be finished, the problem is im just a small customer compared to who they normally deal with (rally teams etc)

the kit will be a bolt on kit, the only bit the customer would have to do is grind a small amount of the axle to get the CV to fit in but this is only a small amount

alot has changed since i started these shafts, i now have the tools to do the machining "in house" then i would just send the shafts of for treatments, this would keep the costs right down

my problem now is im too busy to use the machines i have, but ive got an old work colleague who is going to come and work for me but he is waiting to be made redundant first, and this wont happen until December

so i will probably end up testing the shafts (when they arrive) until the end of the year and have a batch made in the new year along with many other products!

More
13 Jul 2012 16:48 #44100 by Obarno
Hi - thanks for an honest reply of timescale, but I have to say that I am a little disappointed that we are probably looking at 6 months before they will be available. I somehow imagined from your original comments that they were much nearer production. Please could you keep us informed of the progress.
Many thanks

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
17 Jul 2012 15:25 #44355 by Obarno
A thought crossed my mind - if you space the stub axle out by say 5mm what will you do about the abs ring as it will be too far away from the sensor, or will you mount the sensor in a different place?

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jul 2012 16:35 #44367 by bluejimny
its one of those problems if i had 50 sets made they would be quick and also a much better price, but then would take probally years to sell them as i dont think its on everybodys to do list, only the hardcore jimny'ers, but also my problem is yes they would sell but not as well as some of my other parts, and also ive got to get some other bits out first that more people are asking for, its frustrating for me also as i have 100's of ideas for the jimny but not the time to get it sorted, so its on the backburner at the moment until the end of the year, when i finally get my employee im waiting for so i can keep parts in house more

ABS jimnys, TBH ive not looked into those yet, but once i have a working non abs version, the abs version would be next

• frede.gv1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2012 20:56 #44563 by frede.gv1
Replied by frede.gv1 on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
just heard that bobby longfeild made jimny axels and cv´s. 10 sets for a dealer in denmark.

will keep you updated when i know more.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds