BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

HD Halfshafts and CV's

More
07 May 2012 07:27 #39451 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
Oh - What's occurring???

Any progress made on these???

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2012 08:50 #39460 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's

bluejimny wrote: thanks for the reply's

the CV's and halfshafts would be fine for 33's but individual CV's and Halfshafts would be available if anything ever did happen

i didnt go down the route of standard uprated halfshafts eg 22 spline both ends as the orignal CV's dont last, even if you put a ring around the outside the cage inside breaks anyway

but i can go down the route of 22 spline diff end, to 26 spine and uprated CV's, so this would allow the ARB to be used plus the shafts would be 300M which is not the cheapest steel

Ive got these 4340 shafts on modded sj axles for my Jimny. is that the same as 300m does anyone know? Also got front and rear arbs in there for a Jimny with the side gears changed to fit both the arb and the 4340 sj shaft. Does this make sense to anyone. Gonna pickup the axles from Gazwell in next couple of days so will get some pics. Sorry for slightly hijacking the thread.

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 May 2012 18:33 #39520 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's

kirkynut wrote: Oh - What's occurring???

Any progress made on these???

Kirkynut

yes the first set is currently being made, just a 4 week wait, and i can do both 22 and 26 spline versions, thats the plan anyway

yes modded SJ axles are another way to go, as you can fab some brackets up, to make a conversion then import some 4340 parts from the states

my only thinking that way, SJ axles arnt going to be around for ever

More
07 Jun 2012 12:34 #41907 by Obarno
Replied by Obarno on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
Just wondered where you are at with these?

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• ilten
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2012 15:45 #41915 by ilten
Replied by ilten on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
Any progress? I might be interested in a set with 22 splines (ARB in front) too.
Thanks,
ilten

• bluejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2012 18:28 #41930 by bluejimny
Replied by bluejimny on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
i went down to confirm some details last week so all being well ill have them within the next week, but i still think it would be at least another month before ive got a working prototype,

then they need testing ;)

it does seem more people are interested in the 22 spline versions compared to 26 spline

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2012 20:14 #41939 by g187eev
Replied by g187eev on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
We are currently discussing the development of a full difflock, shaft and CV kit with KAM, who we believe are hands down the most suitable and knowledgeable and experienced people in this industry.

KAM and ourselves shall be developing the kit using KAMs aerospace specification material and processes to develop the kit, and then performing testing of both OEM and aftermarket items, then publish a report comparing it with the Kam aerospace specification.

The investment in to developing this new product is going to be in excess of £80,000 and will hands down put an end to the jimny front axle achilles heel... and in doing so advance the Suzuki Jimnys off-road potential to a whole new level.

We are not a competitive business these days, we concentrate on developing quality products that will advance anyone who chooses to buy them with great value for money and quality manufacting.

So as they say, good things come to those who wait... It's not going to be available over night, but I can assure you we have a full front difflock, shaft and CV kit in development... just please be patient.

Kind regards
RB
ORA

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2012 21:33 #41948 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic HD Halfshafts and CV's
Frickin amazing news. Thanks ORA, KAM and anyone else involved and good luck!

More
08 Jun 2012 09:25 #41958 by Obarno
Hi Rob
Definitely good news that you too are going to produce updated components. Without in any way wishing to put a damper on what you are both doing, KAM have been talking about this for a very long time, and it's a year or so since you announced that you would be doing it too. Perhaps you could let us have an idea of timescale and cost so that interested parties can make an informed decision as to what they buy.
I will also be interested to see your test results and hope you would include components from ERM in France, DG in Belgium and Zanfi in Italy, as well of course from Jimnybits.
Will you be offering both 22 spline and 26?

Good luck and look forward to seeing your products.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

• Rockwatt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2012 09:54 #41961 by Rockwatt
Replied by Rockwatt on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
As far as I'm aware kam have been bought out by I think quafe.

The kam rear lockers can be adapted to fit the front with new shafts.

• g187eev
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2012 10:08 #41962 by g187eev
Replied by g187eev on topic Re: HD Halfshafts and CV's
Kam have not been bought out, they have just had an investment by Allmakes of 250k... which has increased their productivity 10 fold, and allowed them to move forward with new products.

Obarno, I am afraid @ this time I have no real idea of time scale, however price wise you should't be looking a huge amount more than KAM's already in production rear kit... which retails @ £525 for the locker and HD shafts.

@ a total ball park guess I would think the front kits including locker, shafts and CV joint would be around£700.

RB

More
08 Jun 2012 10:09 - 08 Jun 2012 10:10 #41963 by Obarno
I think Kam have been taken over by Allmakes at Abingdon. For me the interesting part is as much the shafts as the locker, as I already have an ARB. I can't imagine it would be easy to convert a rear locker for front use, as the front diff is smaller and high pinion

Edit - lookss like this overlapped with Robs!

Last edit: 08 Jun 2012 10:10 by Obarno.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds