BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Jemima the Blue Jimny

More
16 Feb 2022 11:05 #241874 by teejholt
Hi all, this is going to be repair/build/modification thread for Jemima the Blue Jimny. She's a 2002 JB43 1.3 Special. She has a bit of a sentimental background being my late mum's car so I want to repair it as much as I can to keep it going for as long as possible. She's been stood for over 2 years since my mum passed and I've done a service and checked her over. She passed an MOT in December too.

I'm aware that there's a lot of rust and a lot of welding will need doing. She's also got what I believe to be the death wobble so that will need to be sorted sooner rather than later. Body and interior wise, she's very clean. She drives very well apart from the death wobble.

My aim is to make subtle modifications to make her look like more of an all-terrain car without actually taking her off road for the moment - 2" lift, all terrain tyres, roof rack but that will be way down the line after everything is fixed.

Attached is an image to begin the thread with.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Feb 2022 13:55 #241875 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jemima the Blue Jimny
Always good to hear that another jimny is being saved and put to good use.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
16 Feb 2022 14:05 #241876 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jemima the Blue Jimny
Hi and welcome,

Your Jimny is a clean looking car topside and is a nice colour, so it's well worth fixing the underside, especially when it has been in the family.

If it has passed it's MOT it can't be too bad, a couple of weekends work as they say on 'Bangers & Cash'.

Your death wobble, check tyre pressures, linkages, etc, but it is probably kingpin bearings which are shot, they don't seem to last all that long. There is a good section in the wiki on how to check and replace.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
16 Feb 2022 14:05 #241877 by gv42
Replied by gv42 on topic Jemima the Blue Jimny
Hi and a JIMNY Welcome from N/WALES

More
16 Feb 2022 16:00 #241878 by Martin416
Replied by Martin416 on topic Jemima the Blue Jimny
Welcome along lovely little jimny and a lovely reason to keep it going!

SJ416 spi, 33s, Cage, Rocklobster

More
16 Feb 2022 16:54 - 16 Feb 2022 16:54 #241879 by thieuster
Replied by thieuster on topic Jemima the Blue Jimny
Nice! I'm 6 weeks ahead of you owning a Jimny. Mine is a 2001 model. And equally rusty. It was the cheapest I could find, but oh boy, it took some serious welding to patch her up.

I did an extensive full service; replacing belts, tensioners, all fluids etc. It's now good to go for my use: trotting around in the neighbourhood, with loads of animal food, garden compost (bagged) and hauling trees from my forest.

Chronologically:
- 1959 Triumph TR3A
- 1970 Saab 96V4
- 1973 Saab 95V4
- 2001 Suzuki Jimny
- 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid 4x4
Gone:
- 1973 Porsche 914
- 1993 Suzuki Samurai
New:
- 1991 Peugeot 205 automatic with < 60K miles!
Last edit: 16 Feb 2022 16:54 by thieuster.

More
16 Feb 2022 20:24 #241882 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Jemima the Blue Jimny
Hello and welcome, good luck with the restoration work. Looking forward to see the progress.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds