BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

lightweight buggy

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2021 14:47 #236022 by Baloo
Replied by Baloo on topic Re:lightweight buggy
well  i tried the fuel pump relay  but that seemed to be working so i forced fed the pump with a 12v feed but nothing not even a dribble out of that fuel line,   so out with the angry grinder and made a new access panel

File Attachment:

checking with a test light there is  12v going into the pump and the earth is good   but  it refuses to even give the slightest impression of wanting to work,   will test it again on the bench when i worked out how those plastic pipe clips release

File Attachment:

i guess i need a second hand fuel pump then  ....   anyone ?  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2021 14:56 #236023 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Re:lightweight buggy
James Priestley? 

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Jun 2021 15:14 #236025 by Baloo
i will message him   

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2021 19:01 #236558 by Baloo
well James was as good as his word and sent me a fuel pump next day  so thats in and pumping fuel like a happy thing                                                 fuel is now flowing out the return to tank pipe  that i guess is a good thing but alas it still refuses to start                                                                             will check i have a spark next when i get 5 minutes                fuel is looking a funny colour so maybe i have water in the fuel tank                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
File Attachment:

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Jul 2021 19:06 #236559 by Baloo
as i dont really want to strip this jimny to use the chassis  i have aquired another to use,  it currently   has  a cut down body on it which i dont think i want to use,   so before it goes on ebay   would anyone on here be inetrested in it ?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 18:54 #237907 by Baloo
right   we are in bussiness at last   i finally cleared a spot in my workshop and made a start
plans have changed a bit but dont they always, it was going to be an unmodified jimny chassis so i could keep it road legal   but not any more lol

i acquired this chassis   which has had the front and the back cut off it   not the end of the world i know, i could weld them back on but have decided  to make it offroad only,

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

then the big decision   what wheelbase, leave as is or shorten it down a bit  

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 19:00 - 26 Aug 2021 19:53 #237908 by Baloo
the chassis itself is in remarkable condition   looks like it was made yesterday  but unfortunately  someone in the past has painted it black with no preparation  and the black falls off if you sneeze by it, 

File Attachment:

now i can be a bit anal about the condition/presentation of my toys  so i need to get this shot blasted so i can paint it properly,   and if i am going to the trouble of shot blasting then i want to do inside the chassis as well 

so cut it half it is then 
Last edit: 26 Aug 2021 19:53 by Baloo.

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 19:03 #237909 by Baloo
if youve ever wondered  whats inside your chassis   well wonder no more 

File Attachment:

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 19:06 #237910 by Baloo
so now i have  an 80"  jimny chassis, still in two halves at  the moment as it will be easier to shot blast like that

File Attachment:

guess i dont need this bit anymore 

File Attachment:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Aug 2021 03:18 #237918 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:lightweight buggy
So are you planning on keeping any of the Jimny bodywork or is it going to be some kind of tube buggy?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Baloo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Aug 2021 08:08 #237921 by Baloo

So are you planning on keeping any of the Jimny bodywork or is it going to be some kind of tube buggy?

hi

no jimny bodywork will be hurt in the making of this buggy 
was thinking  of a few tubes maybe a bit like this 

File Attachment:

drive train is the next decision to make 

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Aug 2021 09:32 #237922 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:lightweight buggy
That's going to be very cool when it's done.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds