BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Tread Lightly

More
31 Mar 2020 17:52 #220527 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Tread Lightly
Terry and his son Reece have joined the forum, I think they will both be available under the tag of "Jimny Doctor"

As you have read, I am happy beyond belief with the quality of their work. Recommending them is very easy, I know nobody will unhappy with work delivered by them. They know the Jimny inside out, anybody who can fit a shell and have the engine running in seven minutes, is a bit of a hero....

They have some interesting projects lined up and when all this Corona stuff is settled, I will be a regular visitor. I understand that there are at least two more modified cars coming out of the shop in coming months, one of which is very different.......

Keep an eye out for what they are doing, it will be interesting and especially so to those who like tarmac more than mud.....

sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2020 18:21 #220528 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Tread Lightly
I like yourself John
so happy these guys are on our doorstep :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Mar 2020 19:17 #220529 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tread Lightly
Proof were it needed that the universe isn't always conspiring against you. Lucky boy, I'm not at all jealous. Much.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Mar 2020 23:45 #220535 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Tread Lightly
Brilliant work and credit to the Mr's ;)

More
01 Apr 2020 10:02 - 01 Apr 2020 10:11 #220540 by furo
Replied by furo on topic Tread Lightly
This build is fantastic, and a much needed distraction! I have fantasised about doing this myself for a while.

With the tray back, will it be the same height as the one pictured? What is the advantage of having the tray so far above the chassis? Perhaps it gives more usable space. Also I know you said you are working on a budget, but will you leave space to mount a rear-facing winch later? It seems like a great opportunity to do so. And where will you store your recovery gear - inside the cab or will you have some enclosed storage (an ammo box?) on the tray? Sorry for all of the questions!

Best wishes, and thanks for keeping us updated!

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Last edit: 01 Apr 2020 10:11 by furo.

More
01 Apr 2020 11:07 #220541 by sniper
Don't apologise furo, whilst not being able to get to the workshop is driving me nuts, the updates they are sending is the only thing keeping me sane during the crisis.

My whole perspective on the car and its uses, is changing. I was a very quiet green lane driver and I wanted to stay under the radar, in a standard looking car....

I was having to fit a snorkel, so I felt the cars persona would change from being that of an old ladies shopping trolley, to that of an off roader....

Winches may well get added, I intend to go trialling with jackonlyjack from the forum, he competes in the Road Taxed Vehicle class. I was aiming to compete alongside him. With the car caged, I can now compete in the CCV (Cross Country Vehicle) class.

Recovery gear will go in a blue screw top 25ltr drum, water proof and easy to take off the vehicle. Attached with Gucci bungee's.

The tray's position and size is up to the individual, there are a couple of body lines that flow but it will likely be just high enough to get the spare stored underneath, keeping the centre of gravity low. They weigh about 25kg so it makes a difference.

Thanks for taking an interest...

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: furo

More
01 Apr 2020 19:07 #220551 by sniper
Bodywork & Prep for Paint

Terry was frustrated by todays progress, I still think it's a big leap forward....

sniper
Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2020 14:15 #220582 by jackonlyjack

More
02 Apr 2020 15:40 #220585 by sniper
A respray was never in the mix Jack, not enough money in the pot.... sadly.

I'll be happy if it"s all one colour.... to be honest. I'm leaving it to Terry, He has already gone a mile above what was quoted for and I will be happy with whatever he does.

sniper

More
02 Apr 2020 18:25 #220602 by ahtr
Replied by ahtr on topic Tread Lightly
Looking good mate! Look forward to seeing it out and about

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Apr 2020 19:13 #220606 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tread Lightly
Once we revert to a mobile society and you have the keys back you could be having a visitor, I'm really looking forward to seeing it in person.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 Apr 2020 19:31 #220608 by sniper
Your welcome to pop down anytime Lambert, I found that lane in Rippon, so I might be up your way if we get a summer.....

sniper

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds