BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Has anyone fitted speakers?

• SB1500
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2014 22:33 #113832 by SB1500
Has anyone fitted speakers? was created by SB1500
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place - please move it if not!

But I'm wondering if any of you have fitted better speakers or multimedia systems in your Jimny's and some info like the factory speaker setup (how many speakers, where they're located etc)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jimny_Aus
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2014 22:47 #113833 by Jimny_Aus
Replied by Jimny_Aus on topic Has anyone fitted speakers?
yea i fitted a new CD player... nothing flash needed a tray to sit under it because the standard one is a bit big,

it wasn't the cleanest fit because the stock one has a unusual curve in the corners but does the job... ill be wiring up some rear speakers in the coming weeks when i get time....

its pretty straight forward...

More
30 Apr 2014 22:56 #113836 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Has anyone fitted speakers?
Standard setup is 2 speakers, one in each footwell. There are wires and cut-outs for 2 rear speakers behind the rear trim panels but most don't have rear speakers fitted. If upgrading the front speakers, check the mounting depth first as they need to be fairly slim.

Early models came with a single-din Clarion CD headunit which is adequate but easy to replace with any standard single-din headunit.

Later models come with a double-din head unit which is also adequate but easy to replace with a single or double-din unit. The trim around the standard headunit is a non-standard shape so a trim panel is needed if you are worried how it looks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SB1500

• SB1500
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2014 23:00 #113837 by SB1500
Replied by SB1500 on topic Re:Has anyone fitted speakers?
Excellent! Thanks for your reply, that's exactly the kind of info needed! If anyone else wants to share their experiences with this I'd also love to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
01 May 2014 05:59 #113850 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Has anyone fitted speakers?
youy're right, you've posted in the wrong section,
should have put it in the tech section, this is for peeps building trucks.

never mind,
but you should try searching first as they're hundreds of posts on this topic and now there's 101

best to google using the term speakers site:bigjimny.com you can search for anything eg radio site:bigjimny.com

;)

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 May 2014 12:59 #113890 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Has anyone fitted speakers?
I've got sony head unit and speakers, improved sound greatly! I meen your not going to get great sound quality from any type of system without adding a whole load of sound deadening as the jimny is quite a tinny beast, but i can now listen to my music fairly loud without the distortion that I used to get from the standard set up.
Speaker size is small, 10cm I believe. I'm sure someone can correct me it was a while ago I fitted them.

More
01 May 2014 17:49 #113924 by Basketcase
They are 10cm speakers, I changed my head unit to a double din jvc and upgraded the speakers and fitted new ones to the rear the wires were already there for the rear just in the speaker slot doesn't improve sound too much as someone said but you can buy reflective sheet things from halfords that you cut to size and stick behind the speaker I'm yet to try this

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds