BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• Don76
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2019 21:12 #204465 by Don76
Replied by Don76 on topic Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...
Looks like a great run out :)
The topic has been locked.
More
18 Mar 2019 17:21 - 18 Mar 2019 17:38 #204757 by X8GGY
After we went out last Sunday, midweek I got a message from Darren who came with us saying how much he'd enjoyed it and did we fancy going out again this Sunday (just gone)... well, it would be rude not to wouldn't it? ;)

So we decided to re-run a past group route that we did on Remembrance Sunday last year. So I made a couple of amendments to the route so we met and had breakfast locally once again...

And so, once again, we were sat outside the Whistlestop Cafe at 8am waiting for them to open!

For another excellent breakfast!

Again this week, there isn't a full blog as I'm still on a leave of absence from the main group, rejoining them for their next local'ish trip in late April, so I just took a few highlight photos along the way...

Crossing the A55 North Wales Expressway on a single track yellow road,signposted as a ByWay.

And onto a long 'lane that runs parallel to the A55.

A great 'lane we know as 'Fron'

There had been a lot of rain recently and many areas had flood warnings, so we reached the first ford conscious that we may have had to turn around if it was too deep, but this flat concrete bottomed ford was ok to drive through...

The next stream was a bit deeper! But again...

Through we went...

Further on, in the middle of nowhere... a blue tree?!

Ahhh, that explains it ;)

Stunning views again this trip...

Stopped for a break, then of course the sunshine broke and it started to rain lightly! LOL :lol: Typical!

The last time we drove this route, one 'lane "Pen-y-Maes" was blocked by a fallen tree -

So we proceeded down this 'lane cautiously mindful tht we may have to reverse out... But...

The council (?) had been busy and had cleared it...

So we could finish the 'lane...

And through the flooded ford at the end...

Less luck around Corwen (Car Wash ford) though!...

Our view from the A494 overlooking the A5 / River Alwen... in full flood :(

And the 'lane from the layby we were in ddown to the A5 was flooded and impassable? Although Darren had done it the day before>! -

He's (mad!) keen ;)

Further on, an avenue of trees...

And to end the day, we added a couple more 'lanes on again!

Darren getting to the top of 'Hafod Dafydd', an epic 'lane... So we went back down as well...

A great day, 8am start and still home for just gone 4pm, having done 28 greenlanes...

I nipped home to drop Alan off at his car outside my house, and then went round to get the Jimny washed, and ended up two cars back from Darren in his Jimny, that must have pleased the hand car wash lads! :lol: LOL

THANKS! to Alan for navigating and opening and closing all the gates, and to Darren for dragging us out again... not that we take much persuasion! ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Mar 2019 17:38 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
18 Mar 2019 17:54 #204763 by Riccy
You are getting out more now than ever before!

Darren is keen in his video tackling the flooded lane, that was risky, especially on his own.

Keep it up though, great to see :-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
18 Mar 2019 18:27 #204765 by Lambert
Looks like fun.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
More
18 Mar 2019 19:49 #204771 by sniper
Cool trip out, good to see you easing back in to it....

sniper
More
18 Mar 2019 21:16 #204775 by X8GGY
Thanks Guys! B)

Weird coincidence?!

My Dad posted on Facebook earlier today -

Asking about a painting my Taid (Welsh for grandfather) / his Dad had painted in 1931, annotated on the back "Buddai Faer Afon Concwest", Brett spotted the post before I did and found it on the maps...

In the orange oval, just north west of Cyffiliog, and we'd passed real close to the area twice yesterday?! Weird?!

I've said I'll take my Dad up there in one of the Jimnys to go and have a look to see if we can find the waterfall my Taid / his Dad painted all those years ago...
Attachments:
More
18 Mar 2019 22:31 - 18 Mar 2019 22:32 #204781 by X8GGY
Darren's Video of yesterday's trip -

Last edit: 18 Mar 2019 22:32 by X8GGY.
More
22 Mar 2019 13:45 - 22 Mar 2019 13:48 #204926 by X8GGY
An impromptu morning's greenlaning!

I was supposed to be working all day in the Post Office today, as my wife and youngest daughter were booked in for a pampering session at a local hotel's Spa... errr, only they rang first thing this morning and said the therapist had 'phoned in sick! Then, "Ubermeister" who I've known off the Shropshire Suzuki forum - although he actually lives in Nottingham! - called into the shop... he was having a weekend camping and 'laning up in North Wales, and always calls in for (chocolate!) supplies when he's up here. We chatted outside for a while why I admired his Grand Vitara, and I gave him directions to the Whistlestop Cafe for breakfast, and I went back into the shop...

The missus then said, as their appointment had been cancelled, she might as well work the morning, so I was suddenly off until two o'clock, and I said if I'd have known that I could have gone for breakfast with him... "It's not too late", said the wife, so I jumped in the daily driver Jimny and followed him to the cafe' and walked him behind him, much to his surprise!

During breakfast and a good natter, I asked him what his plans were... and he said he was camping in Llandudno overnight and was meeting the rest of his group tomorrow (Saturday), so I offered to show him round a few local greenlanes!

Too last minute, so no Alan with me :( so out came the Alan replacement! ;)

Just the four greenlanes, took us a couple of hours, but a nice impromptu trip out! B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Mar 2019 13:48 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom, stiffsteve204me
More
22 Mar 2019 16:42 #204930 by Max Headroom
Always an excellent read with some lovely photos included... Thank you people!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Mar 2019 16:48 #204931 by Lambert
Lovely day for it!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
  • Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
22 Mar 2019 18:18 #204934 by Riccy
Out again! good on you :-)

Also; thats very kind of your good lady wife to let you escape, I hope you brought her something nice back from your outing :laugh:

She probably just wanted you to get a fry-up down ya!

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
More
23 Mar 2019 15:59 - 23 Mar 2019 16:00 #204956 by X8GGY
Thanks Guys!

I've just spent an hour mapping out a route for Sunday the 7th of April, another local wander based on a route we did back on the 17th of Sebtember 2017. .

So, when I put the three local wanders all together in Memory Map, I get -..

On that you can see I'm trying to cover all the lanes local to me :)

Just looking for any I've missed inbetween the three routes now...
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Mar 2019 16:00 by X8GGY.
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds