BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

From road to ruin, my jimny project.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 17:48 #84908 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.
id go snorkel as theres some nice fords in essex and norfolk ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2013 18:03 #84910 by idiotmobil
have you only got 2 caster correction bushes only see two in photo and you need two per arm

JIMNYLESS

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 21:09 #84939 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.
Yeh I think snorkel first, I've got my diff breathers on now aswell I don't plan on going mad in water as I need to drive it to work every morning haha, but it will give me a bit of piece of mind.

The castor correction bushes are the budget 'Jimnybits' 3" correction. It's a cheap way out of course, but il keep my original bushes and save up for some correction arms ASAP.
:)

More
01 Oct 2013 21:13 #84942 by idiotmobil
yes but have you got two sets as im sure you need twwo eaak arm ie: 4 bushes

JIMNYLESS

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 21:22 #84943 by Wiltec17
I think you only need the one as it has such a big offset compared to the sets with 4 bushes. It's sits in the front eye.

www.jimnybits.co.uk/shop/jimny/suspensio...bushes/prod_126.html

'Not recommended for extreme off road use' however, they are extremely rigid, I would assume it will put huge stress on the radius arm dude to the lack of flex. Il see how it goes, hopefully it won't be long before I worded some new arms.

More
01 Oct 2013 21:58 #84946 by idiotmobil
i see my mistake mine had two each arm just looked at the offset on thos shame there not for offroading ive got correction for 2" and its not that good for 3" inch lift arms are in the pipe line but there so expencive im tempted on making some as its well within my ability just dont have the time and then the bushes are still going to be £90 plus meterials for the arms

JIMNYLESS

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2013 22:22 #84947 by Wiltec17
Yeh they are a bit hard on the pocket :/
I'm going to try and save the original bushes when I press them to save buying new ones when I get the arms. Il see how these do, I would have thought they will be fine for a bit of laning, but when you start flexing it omits extent they might cause problems.
I would be interested to see how they come out if you do decide to make your own, keep me updated! :)

• JivingDaddy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Oct 2013 08:42 #84964 by JivingDaddy
Replied by JivingDaddy on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.

jonesyba420 wrote: Glad your happy with the tyres buddy. On doing the lettering suppose it depends if you want to look like a tart or not :P

Attachments:

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Oct 2013 20:31 #85110 by Wiltec17
I've a question to ask about the lift. Those of you running a three inch lift, do you run prop spacers, if so how big? Cheers guys

More
03 Oct 2013 21:32 #85123 by idiotmobil
ive got a inch one in mine, but ran with out for a wile

JIMNYLESS

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2013 20:09 #85339 by Wiltec17
Got my lift kit fitted today, it's a fairly straight forward task if anyone is thinking of doing it themselves that hasn't done one before, only thing that gave me problems were the brake lines as the pipe started twisting but I got round it.

I underestimated how much of a difference the lift would make, however I assume it will settle after some use. I had to remove the front guard as it hit the anti roll bar, I'm going to cut it about to stop it scrubbing, but in the future might just take the bar off, I'm still undecided.

Should I fit a panhard rod extension on the rear? Is a prop spacer needed?

She's coming along nicely now, just need to do a bit of welding, cc bushes, then tax and it's ready to go for now.

My wheels look to small for the car though, so the next buy will be a set of modulars for my mud tyres :)

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Oct 2013 16:48 #86059 by Wiltec17
Scored these for £30. £25 on paint and they're just what I needed :) 7j unsure of offset, il fit them and see what's what haha.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds