BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

From road to ruin, my jimny project.

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2013 17:23 - 13 Aug 2013 22:57 #79681 by Wiltec17
From road to ruin, my jimny project. was created by Wiltec17
As you know my jimny is going to be my daily, a green laner and occasionally il throw it at some tougher stuff so im going to be carrying out a few mods that will work all terrains and all seasons :)

URL=http://s603.photobucket.com/user/Wiltec17/media/Jimny/image-5.jpg.html] [/URL]

I popped down the breakers yard Saturday for some parts for a job, and noticed a little jimny looking sorry for itself, found it had a half leather interior (faux leather I believe, I don't think they have heard of cows yet in Japan) struck up a deal and got it for a decent price, even threw in the original handbook and case for me as mine was missing :P

URL=http://s603.photobucket.com/user/Wiltec17/media/Jimny/image-8.jpg.html] [/URL]

I do have the rears aswell, they just folded down with the old interior sitting n top.

File Attachment:

Some xenon bulbs, only cheapys, I've used them in my other cars and bikes and have always been impressed with the difference for the price, I wouldn't say they are any brighter, but they produce a whiter light which I find is much more effective at lighting up the sides of the road more than anything, it's easier to judge at night when everything is the right colour rather than a dull yellow, might just be me but il post the results later on when it gets dark.

I'm not expecting any power gains from the k n filter, but it was £23 posted so it will have payed for itself within 2 services :)
Last edit: 13 Aug 2013 22:57 by Wiltec17.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2013 18:32 #79688 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.
I like the seats ............. :)

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2013 21:39 #79722 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.
Thank you I am really pleased with them. :)

Quick few pics of the lights now its dark.

URL=http://s603.photobucket.com/user/Wiltec17/media/Jimny/image-11.jpg.html] [/URL]

Dips

File Attachment:

High

File Attachment:

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2013 11:11 #79745 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.
what bulbs are they??

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2013 12:10 #79751 by Wiltec17
eBay xenon's. they cost the same as standard bulbs, it's xenon gas instead of halogen, it burns slightly brighter apparently. They cost £9 posted for sides, dip/high and fogs, but the fog lights where incorrect :angry:

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2013 21:05 #79812 by Wiltec17
I noticed this sump guard/belly pan when I went to view the car, I assumed it was standard fitment but now I think otherwise. It's pretty heavy duty, not sure if its a suzuki option or an aftermarket bit of kit. Either way its a nice extra essentially for free :laugh:
URL=http://s603.photobucket.com/user/Wiltec17/media/Jimny/image-14.jpg.html] [/URL]

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Aug 2013 08:30 #79843 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.
Looks a tidy extra ............................ ;)

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Aug 2013 11:27 - 14 Aug 2013 11:29 #79857 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.
That looks for the world like the genuine skid plate accessory.

Shame they don't really protect anything, as the steering arms ect protect the sump, and the gaurd doesn't go back far enough anyway. Sadly just aesthetic and extra weight :sick:

Saw one go on ebay not that long ago!
Last edit: 14 Aug 2013 11:29 by adamatdraycott.

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Aug 2013 17:46 #79882 by Wiltec17
I did notice it was protecting about 6inches of clearance :sick: oh well.

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2013 19:59 #80770 by Wiltec17
Update time. My spacers turned up in the post courtesy of ne-crock and I managed to get them fitted last night.

Some before and afters.

I took a drive out and picked up these from jonesyba420, theyre 195/80/15, not an aggressive tread pattern but should be better than what I have whilst keeping there road manners. Just keeping my eye out for another 3 similar tyres in the same size.
My plan at the moment will be to get these fitted and see what's what, then when the time comes that i need something more capable (no doubt whilst sitting up to my axles in mud waiting for a tow) il buy a second set of rims, fit them with a 80/20 type mud tyre and keep them for weekends and fun times :laugh:

• Wiltec17
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2013 20:41 #82066 by Wiltec17
I'm slowly getting through the task of painting my steels, only 2 more to go. I ordered a pair of tyres for the jimny too. 195/80/15 cooper discoverer at's. £63 each from camskill which I felt was very reasonale. Should be exactly what I'm after for now, some off road capability, not a huge disruption to fuel consumption, and a decent ride on the road.

They look much better than standard aswell.

I haven't decided wether or not to pen in the writing on the sidewall yet, what are your views?

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Sep 2013 20:50 #82067 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic From road to ruin, my jimny project.
Glad your happy with the tyres buddy. On doing the lettering suppose it depends if you want to look like a tart or not :P

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds