BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

outback jimny

• ozjoel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2014 05:21 #101052 by ozjoel
Replied by ozjoel on topic outback jimny
not to much more to report, moved state so havent done a lot to the vehicle.
have had a major wiring failure which was a bit of a headache that i will resolve soon i hope.

in reality, i need to tidy up a few loose ends.
such as,
i need to take the front bar off, and paint behind it black so it doesnt look like a half compete building site.

same same for the rear bar, annd tidy up the wiring for the brake lights with the original wiring holders, (currently have it in conduit and just zip tied up behind it all.

i would also like to have a look and change the rear bar slightly, mainly the side wings, they are far to boxy and ugly, only benefit off them are that it makes it easy to stand on and load my kayak on the roof.
im thinking of just chopping them off and making some tube that follows the contour of thhe car better and filling in between the tube with some stainless perforated metal. will look better and reduce the weight slightly.

also i have a petrol tank gaurd laying around for 12 months that i need to put on.

get some aftermarket radius arms.

i have also made an auxiliary fuel tank, it hold about liters (haven't measured it properly) but has passed slp (safe load pass) to carry fuel and be used as a fuel vessel.
so i need to make mounts and install it.

also have plans for a roof basket and better roof rails once i get my next fishing kayak that will require a trailer to transport, thus freeing up roof space for some light camping and fishing gear.

all in time once ive fixed this electrickery problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ozjoel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Jan 2014 09:32 #102505 by ozjoel
rear bar as it sits now.
File Attachment:

plan to cut the wings off, and tube them, and brace the bar internally and brace the mounts, so it can actually be used for a recovery without twisting and breaking.

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

• ozjoel
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2014 02:03 - 08 Nov 2014 08:42 #128866 by ozjoel
finally tackled the electric problem, pulled the dash and put in another wiring loom and its all peaches.
while i was in there i removed the carpet.more to come . out.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2014 08:42 by kirkynut.

• BigAndy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2014 09:06 #128869 by BigAndy
Replied by BigAndy on topic outback jimny
Sweet Jimny you've got there!

I'm super jealous of the sign about high clearance vehicles! Not many of them in the uk! :(

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds