BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

NOOooo... what a mistake?! Stupid eBay Listing

• X8GGY
  • X8GGY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
13 Jun 2020 09:56 - 13 Jun 2020 10:04 #223546 by X8GGY
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

These just turned up... an empty box?!

The drop down box in the listing says...
  • Stainless Steel self tap screws (with box)
    Stainless Steel self tap screws (without box)
    Empty box

I ordered in a hurry, and what came in the post this morning...

Yup, an empty box?!

Just sent them a ranty eBay message...

Would you order some trainers and just want the empty box?

LOL :woohoo:
Last edit: 13 Jun 2020 10:04 by X8GGY.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jun 2020 10:27 #223550 by Lambert
That sucks. Ebay is lousy with dodgy stuff like this trying to trap the unwary, hurried and inebriated. Gies the honest people a hard place to trade. Hope you have a good outcome.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

More
13 Jun 2020 11:13 #223553 by Reason2doubt
That's how they do it! The empty box (and it's very low price) will grab your attention and then you have to figure out the real price of its contents (i.e. what is actually being advertised) when you are on the eBay listing itself.

I like eBay still, if you can sort through the sh*t there are some decent deals if you are not in a rush to get parts/bits but it is generally a poor experience overall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

More
13 Jun 2020 13:23 #223559 by DrRobin
Ah, the old empty box trick. I used to have a summer job in the 80s on the sea front. There was this shop (more like an auction) used to sell stuff, then they would sell an empty box. Who will give me £1?

When someone bought it they said open it to see what is inside, it would have perfume or something. They would then sell a load of empty boxes at £5, usually with mixed (ie rubbish) contents.

I guess you will have to go and buy a screw set now to put in your empty box.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
13 Jun 2020 13:58 - 13 Jun 2020 13:59 #223560 by Scimike

DrRobin wrote: Ah, the old empty box trick. I used to have a summer job in the 80s on the sea front. There was this shop (more like an auction) used to sell stuff, then they would sell an empty box. Who will give me £1?

I remember those auctions from my childhood on Blackpool sea front, a blast from the past :laugh:
Almost done the same myself, as said its so they have the cheapest listing to draw you in. Bit of bad form from the seller, they should have contacted you to confirm you wanted the empty box before posting, you never know.
Amazon do similar with their Prime, every button is checkout with free Prime trial. Did it by accident last month but cancelled straight away. Still enjoying next day free postage though as still in the cancelled trial period, so that's the tip if you want something quickly.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 13 Jun 2020 13:59 by Scimike.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds