BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Re:Reverse Camera switch.

• Blackout
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Aug 2019 19:29 #211787 by Blackout
Reverse Camera switch. was created by Blackout
Not strictly specific to jimny...

I want to mount a reverse camera to the roof of jimny facing the front. (There is a reason for this ha)

Obviously i don’t want to take into reverse wiring as I need to view adhoc and camera facing wrong way for a start.

Could I in theory use a relay kit like the ones for light bars and wire it up to that for power ? Useless with electrics

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2019 22:04 #211791 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Reverse Camera switch.
I have a front facing camera. Mounted to my transfer case, I can just see the front wheels. It is powered by the ignition or park light. Don't remember actually. Hooked up to the AV input on my head unit.

It is pretty useless as the dark under the car is too much in contrast to the daylight around it. It is a Cheap ebay camera, had to find one that did not mirror the image.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Blackout
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Aug 2019 18:16 #211815 by Blackout
Replied by Blackout on topic Reverse Camera switch.
Thanks Yakuza, it’s mainly trying to find out to keep it live. Most of the wiring seems to be attach to reverse switch so gets power when engaged

More
04 Aug 2019 18:48 #211816 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Re:Reverse Camera switch.
The question would be when you want your camera to turn on. For reverse cameras this is simple: when you want drive backwards and the reverse light is ideal for this.

If you want the camera to be on all the time when you drive then a switched plus from, e.g. the power socket in the dash would serve this purpose.
Another option might be a separate switch. With this you could turn on the camera when you want.

More
31 Aug 2019 07:58 #212903 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Reverse Camera switch.
You just need to wire it up from scratch using a relay and a switch to turn it on as and when needed. The driving light fitting kit from Hella, available in Halfords will do the job of you want a quick and easy way to do it.

If you want it to come on with the ignition it's a bit trickier as the car is switched via the earth with permanent lives to everything. I can dig out a wiring diagram if you do want that.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds