BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

I fought with the law, and the law won...

• X8GGY
  • X8GGY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
06 Jul 2018 16:08 - 06 Jul 2018 16:09 #194056 by X8GGY
Posting this in the 'Lounge' as it's not really Jimny related, but I'm putting it here in case it helps anyone else, a story of the little man winning against a big company...

So, as ZookBOB on eBay I sold something to someone in the Ukraine, a steering damper kit, but that's not really relevant... Anyways, I wasn't expecting one to go that far afield, and when I went to book it with the parcel intermediary service 'Parcel2Go', who I've used for the last 11 years for Bits4Vits deliveries in it's heyday, with delivery by the TNT Courier, who I wouldn't normally have used, but based on what the customer had paid in carriage, I ended up having to...

Anyway, long story shortened, it didn't get there, well it did. it got to the Ukraine but TNT said the address was wrong, and it eventually got returned back to me as undeliverable. So, I got onto Parcel2Go via their help / chat system, and was told I couldn't make a claim for a refund for non-delivery as the service used was a "self-tracked" one? I'd not heard of this before or seen any mention when booking it on their portal, so I asked the help / chat operator to direct me to either where I was told this on screen whilst booking the parcel service, or where it is written within their website... upshot, it's not.

By now I was wound up, but impeccably polite as always, and advised the operator that I would be taking legal advice, yes, for the sake of £36.78, but it was now a matter of principle! I shouldn't have to pay for a parcel delivery service when it wasn't delivered?! The customer confirmed his address was correct, and no time along the delivery cycle was he or I contacted for address confirmation, etc...

So, I've used them before and I'll no doubt use them again - www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - basically the small claims court but now online. It cost me £25 to make the claim, but if I did win this would get added to my claim...

They then handle the claim, papers were issued to Parcel2Go, they then acknowledged receipt of them online, and I could see who was handling the claim, a senior claims supervisor, so I emailed them with further details including a full transcript of the chat session I had printed off before the chat session closed.

Upshot of it all? The little man can win against the big company sometimes! They agreed to settle "out of court" on Wednesday and deposited the £36.78 claim and £25 court costs into my account today, so I've now marked the claim as settled and paid :)

I just wanted to post this up on the internet so that if anyone else with a similar problem may benefit from my experience and actions to resolve it.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2018 16:09 by X8GGY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jul 2018 20:33 #194066 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic I fought with the law, and the law won...
Well done David and Goliath :)

More
07 Jul 2018 01:38 - 07 Jul 2018 01:43 #194072 by zukebob
I always love hearing when someone refuses to rollover when they are in the right. It's even better when they win the fight. Well done.

I'm almost inspired enough to change my name on the forum so that you could become Zookbob

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Last edit: 07 Jul 2018 01:43 by zukebob.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Jul 2018 05:48 #194076 by Lambert
Nice one Dave. I'm coming to the understanding that giving a big company financial pain is the only way to get their attention.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
07 Jul 2018 14:04 #194091 by X8GGY
Thanks guys! B)

The underdog does sometimes win... I like the 'David and Goliath' analogy Dan ;)

Seriously though, if someone owes you money and just won't pay up, have a look at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk ... fourth time I've used it successfully!

More
07 Jul 2018 19:50 #194103 by helijohn

S200KYS wrote: So, I've used them before and I'll no doubt use them again - www.moneyclaim.gov.uk - basically the small claims court but now online. It cost me £25 to make the claim, but if I did win this would get added to my claim...

Yes nice one. I have used them a few times myself mostly to do with eBay dealings. One incident involved a guitar case where the seller obviously was not happy and had mutilated the case before sending it.
I use P2G myself and recently helped them with funding to go "public".

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• X8GGY
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • but currently AWOL
More
07 Jul 2018 19:57 #194105 by X8GGY
Yes, don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a customer for eleven years as Bits4Vits and a ‘VIP’ for most of them, hence shocked and idignant at the treatment as ZookBOB...

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds