BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Saturday run out around Northumberland

• Riccy
  • Riccy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 May 2018 17:01 #192984 by Riccy
A little run out with my mate Joel to see what some of the lanes North of Hexham and around Bellingham are like for an upcoming trip in September with the usual gang.

Headed out and first lane was near Chollerton, then North.

First lane was Codlaw hill. A track leading to some stables so beware of horses. We only encountered a farmer on a buggy, who we let pass. The gimbal batteries ran out so its split into 2 videos. It gets a bit scratchy in the second one.

Next was onto Chollerford steps (reccomended by the local GLASS rep). Gentle start down to it then getting tighter to where in the 3rd video there is a large rock step and some tippy gulleys to get through.

Onwards to Hallington reservoir where you can drive across a dam which looks like an old railway to me for some reason.

Then we headed North for a lane crossing and mine access road. Gets a bit tight and scratchy at the top end

North again to another on the way to lunch stop.

Then the last lane before a break in Bellingham. Very nice lane with a old bridge in the middle then a decent rise through gorse buses to the farm called Hole.

Lunch stop in Bellingham at the appropriately named Rocky Road cafe. Very nice too.

Then onto Slaty ford/Donkley woods just West of Bellingham. Starts with a rough descent to a very pretty ford with waterfall below it. Then upwards onto moorland beside trees. Very nice lane. Suspect it would be impossible when wet however!

A sneaky little lane not on the Trailwise system yet as well. Nice run through fields and across a disused railway bridge to the farm cottages

Some miles on windy tarmac backroads later we came to this lane near a comms mast across fields. It runs above some rocky crags with an unusual name.

The the penultimate lane of the day. Unfortunatley it got recorded with the gopro in some sort of wierd stop motion series of pictures (time lapse i think). So theres no video of that one im afraid :pinch:

Finally, lots of good signage about today, mostly from council and this from TRF...

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds