BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Truck Night in America

More
23 May 2018 05:47 - 23 May 2018 05:49 #192874 by yakuza
And then this new series on History channel, I've seen most of two episodes now: "truck night in america" that is pillow TV for me. Makes you want to hide behind the sofa cushions or crawl under your pillow.. This really should be a TV program right up my alley but the idiotic challenges and stupid american production and the inbred presenters with mullet-hairdo that clearly has voted Trump..
I am not a bigot and do even like some country music, and I have hillbilly-like friends with many nice quirks, but these guys are over the top.
The trucks themselves are capable and i guess the drivers too shines thru sometimes.
But the way that they have to floor it and drive like fools to break something to make good TV makes me pick up the remote and switch channels.. Everyone doing offroading for more than two weeks knows that you cannot drive like that to make the car last thru the episode. Giving it just enough speed so they fall down on the belly to crack a transfer box or blow their transmission or break an axle.

Could someone please just make a good offroad/4x4 TV show?

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 23 May 2018 05:49 by yakuza.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
23 May 2018 06:33 #192875 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Re:Truck Night in America

yakuza wrote: And then this new series on History channel, I've seen most of two episodes now: "truck night in america" that is pillow TV for me. Makes you want to hide behind the sofa cushions or crawl under your pillow.. This really should be a TV program right up my alley but the idiotic challenges and stupid american production and the inbred presenters with mullet-hairdo that clearly has voted Trump..
I am not a bigot and do even like some country music, and I have hillbilly-like friends with many nice quirks, but these guys are over the top.
The trucks themselves are capable and i guess the drivers too shines thru sometimes.
But the way that they have to floor it and drive like fools to break something to make good TV makes me pick up the remote and switch channels.. Everyone doing offroading for more than two weeks knows that you cannot drive like that to make the car last thru the episode. Giving it just enough speed so they fall down on the belly to crack a transfer box or blow their transmission or break an axle.

Could someone please just make a good offroad/4x4 TV show?

4wd action on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
23 May 2018 18:42 #192886 by furo
Replied by furo on topic Truck Night in America
I'm a huge fan of 4WD Action and Ronny Dahl on youtube - the Australians do it right!

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

More
24 May 2018 05:06 #192892 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Truck Night in America
Yeah.....hold my beer and watch this.

Truck Night in America (on the beach)

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

More
24 May 2018 05:20 #192893 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Truck Night in America
Yeah, that is a classic!

And what if the Heep had floored it long enough to beat the zuk?
Breakdown!

Given a big enough wallet It is possible to build a Jeep to not break down and other cars as well, you just have to build it right.
But for some reason, that isn't the best TV show it seems..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
20 Aug 2018 06:28 #195283 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Truck Night in America
OK Yakusa. I couldn't help but add this:

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Attachments:

More
20 Aug 2018 16:14 #195292 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Truck Night in America
That is an old classic!

Still annoyed by the TV-show btw but still watching now and then.

Went to this 4x4 event some 15 years ago with my SJ. 3-4 SJ's of us and we where in this long queue to get up a hill cause a jeep was struggling to get up. This jeep had been sent abroad to be modified for 20000£ as the owner had more money than skills. Finally the jeep guy floored it and the axles snapped.
After that three 63hp SJ's crawled up with half the tire size, home made crawler gears, and 150£ lockers.
If i wasn't totally hooked on Suzukis before that I at least have been ever since :)

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds