BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

What did I do today.......

• Eskimo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2018 23:31 #191886 by Eskimo
What did I do today....... was created by Eskimo
Not quite working on a Jimny, but thought I'd share another passion I have for RC trucks.

Have been building this one for the last 3yrs and finally got it all done with correctly working lights.

For those interested its Tamiya 1/14 scale truck full RC, even the Kingpin and landing gear on the tailers are RC too. Will try and get a couple of pictures of it with the trailers attached, assuming the table extends enough, it's already 630mm long :blink: :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:

SWMBO is also enjoying the new build of a Mercedes Actros truck, soon to be followed by an RC boat. I think with the Jimny it might be 1 to many hobbies :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2018 17:29 #191956 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic What did I do today.......

Eskimo wrote: Not quite working on a Jimny, but thought I'd share another passion I have for RC trucks.

Have been building this one for the last 3yrs and finally got it all done with correctly working lights.

For those interested its Tamiya 1/14 scale truck full RC, even the Kingpin and landing gear on the tailers are RC too. Will try and get a couple of pictures of it with the trailers attached, assuming the table extends enough, it's already 630mm long :blink: :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:

SWMBO is also enjoying the new build of a Mercedes Actros truck, soon to be followed by an RC boat. I think with the Jimny it might be 1 to many hobbies :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice. I am an RC fan myself.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Eskimo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Apr 2018 21:48 #191960 by Eskimo
Replied by Eskimo on topic What did I do today.......
Thanks for the kind word Helijon, you by any chance be on the Southwest RC truckers forum would?

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Apr 2018 22:14 #191962 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic What did I do today.......
I like anything R/C the truck is great I have an original Hotshot I'm restoring at the moment and I use to race touring cars at a local club, I think the jimny is cheaper though :D

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2018 07:58 #191974 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic What did I do today.......
Yesterday I used the Jimny to access some local private woodland for a sneaky overnight camp. Parked just off the road and walked in, as its in the grounds of a local posh hotel. :evil:

Attachments:

• Eskimo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2018 21:32 #191998 by Eskimo
Always fancied a Hotshot but never quite got there, just about to try and resurrect my old Tamya Frog so my little lad can rag the backend out of that Esther than the trucks.

I also have a 1/10 scale pickup rock crawler type which I'm a little less worried about. Managed to bust the wing mirror off on its very first outing trying to go up the slide in the back garden :silly: :silly: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

1066, that's a damn fine looking camp site you've got going on there! Keep that one to yourself otherwise you'll have everyone gate crashing it :laugh: :laugh:

More
21 Apr 2018 22:16 - 21 Apr 2018 22:23 #192000 by Max Headroom
Today I mostly drove up to Shropshire with 93 million miles of headroom in today's glorious sunshine with my son, to meet up with my brother and his lad.
My brother hankers after another Jimny - he owned an O2 for many years and did a lot of off-roading with it.
He persuaded me to take mine up to Clee Hill near Ludlow for some very gentle off-road "tuition" around an old quarry - which frankly had me fairly nervous at times but we had a great afternoon. For me this was the first time of the beaten track.

Later on I drove back home to the Cotswolds roof still fully down. Fab!
Only 40 mins after getting home we had a spectacular thunderstorm for entertainment, but luckily not before I'd got the roof back in place! :)

Attachment not found

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Apr 2018 22:23 by Max Headroom.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Apr 2018 22:24 #192002 by Daniel30
Excellent

More
22 Apr 2018 02:22 #192008 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic What did I do today.......
Well not what I did but you RC guys will like this:

RC Finals

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2018 07:51 #192013 by Daniel30
Good work Rodger! :D

More
22 Apr 2018 19:01 #192037 by Max Headroom
WOW that's truly outstanding!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Eskimo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2018 21:44 #192042 by Eskimo
Superb RC course there, just wish there was a take up for this type of thing in the UK. Most of the clubs I can find are a fair distance from the wilds of Worcestershire.

Max, good looking looking roofless Jimny there, now wishing I'd gone the same route. As for the thunderstorm it looked fairly spectacular from our window, but mostly hidden behind bredon hill. Still it lit up the sky well.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds