BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Anyone use the Jimny for wild camping?

• 1066Boy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2018 15:52 #189684 by 1066Boy
As in the heading, anyone use the Jimny to get to locations for a spot of wild camping?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2018 20:27 - 25 Feb 2018 20:27 #189688 by furo
Great pictures! I've done it a few times and hope to do it a lot more this year. These photos are from trips to Galloway Forest and Skye. I'm not sure where you're based but in Scotland we have really relaxed laws on wild camping apart from when a vehicle is involved, which is very frustrating.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Feb 2018 20:27 by furo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1066Boy

• 1066Boy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Feb 2018 21:37 #189689 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Anyone use the Jimny for wild camping?
I am down in East Sussex, right on the coast. Wild camping is a challenge in England. Very few places that allow it so most of us go in "Stealth Mode" Local woodland, large parks etc are all fair game if you can hide well enough. :) My photos are from yesterday in the grounds of a local secondary school.

More
26 Feb 2018 08:16 #189698 by Busta
I do lots of wild camping but the Jimny isn't much of an asset for it. Bikes are great, walking is better, motorcycles work too but a car abandoned on a remote roadside is a big beacon telling people you're doing something you shouldn't.

• Mraz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2018 10:32 #189701 by Mraz
Replied by Mraz on topic Anyone use the Jimny for wild camping?
Wild camping in Croatia is not allowed but no one ever got ticketed for doing it. It's a stupid law no one cares about.

I've been camping, bushcrafting and doing "survival" courses for years (I really dislike the term "survival"). Zook just made it easier.

• 1066Boy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Feb 2018 17:32 #189711 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Anyone use the Jimny for wild camping?
No ware is remote in the south east. I use local woodland sites around the edge of town, so park in the street with the other cars and walk into the woods. :)

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds