BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

British Cars

More
23 Mar 2018 08:32 #190780 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic British Cars

Max Headroom wrote: Yakuza,
I just sold my beloved SAAB 93 TDi Vector Convertible for the Jimny! I'm still a moderator on a SAAB Tech Talk forum and they don't want me to leave because they love the on-going updates on the MG front!
The SAAB was a fabulous car; I bought it about 7 years ago when SAAB was lurching from one unknown future to another, and I was gutted that GM finally pulled the plug them as if saying "If we cant have SAAB nobody else will either". I swear I will never buy another GM car because of what they did to SAAB.
On a different note, I have had some great times in Norway with the RAF operating Puma helicopters out of Voss (I learned to ski in Voss) , Bergen, Trondheim, Bardufoss, Tromso and many other places. We were always there during Jan Feb and March every year, but I'd love to see Norway in the summer months - but its expensive there for us Brits :( . I also remember being stuck there in a place called Hell!
The last time I was in Norway must have been when we rescued a broken HS125 jet from Bergen that had a collapsed nose undercarriage leg back in 2010.

Saab is gone, and volvo is chinese :) times change for sure. During my youth I spent some in my friends '74 Saab 95. fun fact on that car is that you can never lean out of the side window and get to see the front wheel, no matter how hard you try..
I live in on the west coast between Bergen and Trondheim near Ålesund/Geiranger. It is expensive for us living here as well :)

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2018 18:27 #190795 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic British Cars
I also have a 1990 Jaguar XJS convertible now, its a much better ride than the Jimny but somewhat less economical.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
24 Mar 2018 23:11 - 24 Mar 2018 23:14 #190829 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic British Cars
While I was at the Restoration Show in Birmingham today, I had to be dragged away from the stand with some fabulous old 1947 SAABs :(

Although I have my old MG's I just love these old SAABs!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Mar 2018 23:14 by Max Headroom.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds