BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

EU referendum debate

More
11 Jun 2016 08:56 #168337 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic EU referendum debate

facade wrote:
So why on earth am I paying income tax on the few coppers interest my savings earn then :pinch:
I thought banks snitched to HMRC already :ohmy:

I am not 100% sure because the "remainers" won't elucidate on this but I believe it will be a tax that goes to Brussels. Some forums are saying it has been held back until the referendum is over. I don't do social media but if you have access to Twitter or one of them maybe you can see what is being said........................ if anything. ;)

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2016 10:47 #168341 by mark98
Replied by mark98 on topic EU referendum debate
I'll be voting to stay in. Practically everybody I know is voting to stay in. There are reasons to vote out, but they are far out weighed by the benefits and advantages of staying on the inside. :)

• Northern-Wanderer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jun 2016 22:54 #168386 by Northern-Wanderer
Replied by Northern-Wanderer on topic EU referendum debate
Vote out,i cant believe anything Cameron or Osbourne have said.Its all ,might, may,could,not anything positive.No Turks for 30 year says Cameron ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
11 Jun 2016 23:16 #168387 by helijohn

Northern-Wanderer wrote: Vote out,i cant believe anything Cameron or Osbourne have said

And they brought in Blair and Major...........................think about that for ten seconds.
One of the biggest liars and one who gets a living from the EU using money we donate.

More
13 Jun 2016 13:26 #168476 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic EU referendum debate

mark98 wrote: I'll be voting to stay in. Practically everybody I know is voting to stay in. There are reasons to vote out, but they are far out weighed by the benefits and advantages of staying on the inside. :)

The problem that I have with that is that the UK has already opted out of the common currency and declared our intention to remain out of any 'European super state'. The French and the Germans have stated that that will leave the UK side-lined and without any real influence so we will be on the outside anyway.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
13 Jun 2016 13:48 #168478 by helijohn

Rhinoman wrote:

mark98 wrote: I'll be voting to stay in. Practically everybody I know is voting to stay in. There are reasons to vote out, but they are far out weighed by the benefits and advantages of staying on the inside. :)

The problem that I have with that is that the UK has already opted out of the common currency and declared our intention to remain out of any 'European super state'. The French and the Germans have stated that that will leave the UK side-lined and without any real influence so we will be on the outside anyway.

Yes it is clear that we have little to no say in most things.

More
13 Jun 2016 15:56 #168483 by facade
Replied by facade on topic EU referendum debate

helijohn wrote:

Northern-Wanderer wrote: Vote out,i cant believe anything Cameron or Osbourne have said

And they brought in Blair and Major...........................think about that for ten seconds.
One of the biggest liars and one who gets a living from the EU using money we donate.

They're Politicians! You can tell they are lying because their mouths are open :laugh:

Much as I loath & detest Osbourne, Cameron, B'Liar & Major, I hate Gove more than I hate all of them put together, so voting for the man, not the policies I'm still for staying.

Be nice if any of them had actually given us information so we could make an informed decision, rather than scaremongering and insulting each other. I guess there is none and that in 10 years time when everything has settled, if we leave we won't be any worse or better off overall, but we will have a short term depression to get through first.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
13 Jun 2016 16:02 #168485 by helijohn

facade wrote:
Be nice if any of them had actually given us information so we could make an informed decision, rather than scaremongering and insulting each other. I guess there is none and that in 10 years time when everything has settled, if we leave we won't be any worse or better off overall, but we will have a short term depression to get through first.

I think I have gotten loads especially recently what with the ITV programmes. and all. Most of the frighteners seem to have come from the government machine.................the real scary prospects I can see from the daily goings on. That's why I need out.

More
13 Jun 2016 16:35 #168488 by AFCBTezza
Replied by AFCBTezza on topic EU referendum debate
Also this - about immigration

:-) :-) :-)

• gokturkmehmet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2016 05:13 #168507 by gokturkmehmet
Replied by gokturkmehmet on topic EU referendum debate

Northern-Wanderer wrote: Vote out,i cant believe anything Cameron or Osbourne have said.Its all ,might, may,could,not anything positive.No Turks for 30 year says Cameron ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What's wrong with Turks? :)

More
14 Jun 2016 06:48 #168510 by helijohn

gokturkmehmet wrote: What's wrong with Turks? :)

I think it is more what is wrong with Cameron. ;)
He is no prophet and has no say so can make no claims.

• Northern-Wanderer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jun 2016 13:27 #168533 by Northern-Wanderer
Replied by Northern-Wanderer on topic EU referendum debate
I didnt say anything was wrong with Turks,Cameron said Turkey would not be allowed EU membership for 30 year,ask him why.What i do know is that my retirement pension that i have paid into all my life has been put back for a year but people who come here get benefits without putting anything in.Not hard to see where my first years pension went

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds