BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

is there any intrest fast back hard top

More
06 Jan 2014 10:51 #99338 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic is there any intrest
Im in the proces of doing it now im about half way tgrough the mould theres a lot of work involved should gave one finished and fitted to mine in the next couple weeks if the hinfes get sorted in time

JIMNYLESS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2014 12:54 #99353 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic is there any intrest
Great, I look forward to seeing it, any ideas on a price range?

More
06 Jan 2014 14:28 - 06 Jan 2014 14:30 #99364 by idiotmobil
no going to wait till ive finished mould made mine then ill make one more to see how long and how much its going to cost I mite upload a bit of a taster picture once ive got to the finished shape all ive been doing for the last two days is filling sanding filling sanding filling sanding lol

JIMNYLESS
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 14:30 by idiotmobil.

• Poyner111
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2014 18:20 #99411 by Poyner111
Replied by Poyner111 on topic is there any intrest
Hard top that doesn't cost the earth, I need my back for the mutts so standard would be great

More
06 Jan 2014 18:56 - 06 Jan 2014 19:04 #99414 by idiotmobil
not doing standard sized at the moment mite think about it later it will be a lot of work to get a mould made and will end up costing a lot in time I will be looking in to it and it will be considerably cheaper than the one that's available

this one im working on now has got to have one off hinges made that are being drawn up on CAD and lazer cut out so they fit the original soft top clamp holes and all out off 316 marine grade stainless to cope with the conditions as will the gas rams and the fixings for the rear.

here's a few little pics of the shape its no were near finished I think a day and half and ill be taking a mould off it the about a day on the mould then hopefully the weekend ill have the first one popped out to work on perfecting wile the hinges are being done then to find the right length rams and fit window and rubbers so lots to do but getting there reasonably quick

putting a 45% angle all the way round to take out that sharp edge and some more shaping of the outside ring bit to angle it a bit to match the body line

also going to be doing a mould for fitting a spare instead of window as this is what I want (I think) one more thing to think about is a window wiper/washer but I don't know how this will work out with a Perspex window

JIMNYLESS
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 19:04 by idiotmobil.

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2014 19:20 - 06 Jan 2014 19:38 #99415 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic is there any intrest
Looks like you are cracking on with this, watching with interest.
Not that I want one but good to see someone having a go ............... ;)
Last edit: 06 Jan 2014 19:38 by Tadpole.

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2014 19:23 #99416 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic is there any intrest
Looking good,

Very interested to see how this turns out,

Would fibre glass be strong enough to hold a large spare?

Also how would these hold up to knocks when off road, or say leaning against a tree say?

More
06 Jan 2014 19:35 #99418 by idiotmobil
should be better than the metal body just think how a canoe fairs up they do quite well and the race boats I used to build boats take a complete battering (you proberly seen some on top gear, the Honda boats I used to work for steve Curtis the world Campion class one racer who makes them)
it will have a lot of strength in it and it is tucked in from the body a bit all round nothings ever going to be bullet prof and it needs to stay light enough to be lifted up

JIMNYLESS

• Dean1994
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2014 23:03 #99462 by Dean1994
Replied by Dean1994 on topic Very interested!!
This looks briliant i spoke to you about these a few weeks ago ill be watching to see how your getting on it looks great so far and a lot of hard work too!! :woohoo:

More
07 Jan 2014 20:32 #99551 by Rhinoman
I'm impressed. A number of people have talked about making hardtops for Zuks but its never come to anything. It looks like you have the ability and it looks like its going to be a good looker too.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

• Poyner111
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jan 2014 14:39 #99612 by Poyner111
Replied by Poyner111 on topic is there any intrest fast back hard top
Kept us .updated pics , cost etc .....coming round to the fast back could be interested in one as well

More
08 Jan 2014 16:58 #99626 by idiotmobil
Will do not alot going to be done after tomarrow lunch as need to get some work done but be back on it next week and im hoping buy end of next week to have one out the mould then its just fittings to sort

JIMNYLESS

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds