BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

is there any intrest fast back hard top

More
04 Dec 2013 22:39 #94620 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic is there any intrest

Stu stu wrote:

darthloachie wrote: a fastback panel like this would sell

Ive seen that thats what im starting on first as I want one for mine looks good

JIMNYLESS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yellostreak
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Dec 2013 12:54 #94648 by Yellostreak
Replied by Yellostreak on topic is there any intrest

idiotmobil wrote:

Stu stu wrote:

Ive seen that thats what im starting on first as I want one for mine looks good

a soft top targa roof panel would be a good idea for all those with rotten roof frames.. or better still a roof frame :)

More
05 Dec 2013 22:54 #94733 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic is there any intrest
As I was reading your post I though a soft top fast back roof would be good then read on as you suggested it. Everyone seems to think it a good idea so you should do well with them.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
05 Dec 2013 23:32 #94741 by idiotmobil
Making a start over yhe christmas period all ready foud a good suplyer of some bits needed I like the ldea of tail gate storage so going to make one for mine and see how it goes

JIMNYLESS

More
06 Dec 2013 12:42 #94768 by idiotmobil
has any one got a front soft top bar if got a friend with a sheet metal fabrication workshop and that's right up there street been to see him this morning and he get one to copy but I cant take mine of as I properly wont get it back on doesn't matter to much about condition as long as its in one peice

JIMNYLESS

More
08 Dec 2013 22:21 #95090 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic is there any intrest

That looks ace.
Two things I would like are a decent bonnet scoop and a roof storage thing.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
09 Dec 2013 15:20 - 09 Dec 2013 15:26 #95135 by idiotmobil
im starting the fast back next week and wondering how people feel about the inside finish there two ways I can go, I can make it in a two part mould and join together so that the inside is as smooth as a babys bum (same as outside) or finish it with flocoat (like the gel outside but slightly different) and will give a bit of a rougher finish (properly black) this was will make them easier and cheaper and as its the inside will be hidden away, this is the way I will properly be going on mine,

also looking at hinges for the front with tow (or possibly one) gas ram to aid and smooth lifting with two catches at the rear, im looking but finding it hard to find any thing that could be bolted to a original fixing point (soft-top latch bolt holes) I can find lots that will need to go on outside but will require new bolt holes being drilled in the roof im not to happy with this and trying hard to find a different way

JIMNYLESS
Last edit: 09 Dec 2013 15:26 by idiotmobil.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Dec 2013 16:14 #95151 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic is there any intrest
few ideas:

what about a cubby hole that goes under the center console where the pointless tray is, ive got a box made up wedged there is very usefull but not quite right.

maybe a redesigned handbrake lever surround that moves the cup holders to the rear of it and changes the current cup holders into a storage tray.

storage is very limited on the jimny, cant even fit my hand in the door pocket so there basically useless other than storing OS maps!!

More
09 Dec 2013 16:17 #95153 by idiotmobil
bit hard for me at the moment as mines empty ive got no trim or plastic bits inside no trim in the rear going to be looking in to buying the bits I need or just buying a hardtop with blown engine cheep

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Dec 2013 16:21 #95155 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic is there any intrest
im sure James on here can hook you up with the interior panels trim etc ;)

or as you say purchase a broken one for cheap.

More
09 Dec 2013 16:24 #95156 by idiotmobil
I have friends in the selvage business so I can buy cat b cars through them so mite get one really cheep and have spare bits for mine as ill just sit the body in workshop to work on and break or keep as spares with the rest

JIMNYLESS

• ne-crock
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jan 2014 07:29 #99330 by ne-crock
Replied by ne-crock on topic is there any intrest
have you had any joy with the fast back?

i'm watching paitently as my soft tops on its last legs and reluctant to get another its either plate it up or buy a hardtop.conversion

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds