BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

After a Defender made love to an Evoque

• adamatdraycott
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Aug 2011 10:41 #21086 by adamatdraycott
After a Defender made love to an Evoque was created by adamatdraycott
Land Rover have released the first images of the DC100, which may replace the Defender in 2015!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14726189

Looks smart, although it looks as though the computer representation may be of the fully offroad spec truck, with a front winch and heavyduty looking recovery points!

So this is what Suzuki have got to compete with... although no doubt they'll beat the silly green oval price range!

Mum and Dad have just bought an 11 plate Freelander 2 that they are picking up on Saturday! Ashamed to park my Jimny next to it... although i need to sort some recovery ropes out, as they are bound to get stuck :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2011 15:31 #21094 by mcjimny
I think it looks shocking, be interesting to see one of these at 10 years old rocking some jungle trekkers in a trial.
Jeep seem to be able to keep designing trucks that are a fair representation of their roots, i'm very surprised that land rover have gone in this direction, they have obviously realised its now a lifestyle brand. I only know a handful of farmers that use land rover products, most run jap pickups.

I really like landies but can't and wont justify the premium they command.
They must be rubbing their hands when people i know have had a string of them and despite reliability issues they still buy another!!!!

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
31 Aug 2011 15:34 #21095 by Obarno
Can't help thinking that the JK Wrangler Rubicon is a far superior vehicle - well equiped and proven reliability - something that the Green Oval vehicles struggle to compete with!

Good opportunity for Suzuki to come up with something in this size of vehicle.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
31 Aug 2011 17:52 #21100 by supergaz
I think Suzuki messed up with the Grand Vitara, It handles very well as it is fairly low slung, but not great ground clearance off road, comes with low range transfer box and ladder frame chassis which is great, but no option of lockers or beefier suspension. They did have the XL7 but it still does not have the capacity of a shogun, green oval, land cruiser or patrol.

• SPC5838
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Aug 2011 22:16 #21110 by SPC5838
Replied by SPC5838 on topic Re: After a Defender made love to an Evoque
They've lost the plot :woohoo: Defenders are for working, that things a Chelsea Tractor of the highest order :sick: Be interesting to see what the MOD replace the Wolf with because I can't see it being that...

• adamatdraycott
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Sep 2011 04:27 #21114 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Re: After a Defender made love to an Evoque
It looks asthough LR have gone pedestrian friendly, as being run over by a current defender would be like hitting a wall :unsure:

I think it looks similar to the Toyota FJ Cruiser

I have only ever seen one of these in the UK, and know of a guy in UAE who has one and loves it!

I'd also love a LR, but can't afford the silly prices they fetch and the insurance that comes with it for a 21 year old. The Jimny was the only car that was cheapish in both of the above.

I was at the dealer the other day, and was looking at the 60year special edition defender... they are nice!

More
29 Oct 2011 11:09 #24703 by Elaine
Eeeeew. :sick: Sorry, but we love our 1995 Ex-Utility Defender too much to replace it! :kiss:

E. ;)

More
03 Dec 2011 17:23 - 03 Dec 2011 18:31 #27150 by Foxtrot
I like the DC100, I have driven the Defender in the military and in my civilian job and they are good at what they do for a utility vehicle, but for an every day mode of transport they are hard work and uncomfortable.
Here is a web link from LR that shows the DC100 in a better light.

www.landrover.com/gb/en/lr/defender-concept/photo-and-video/

Attachment kahn-dc100-military-590x400.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Dec 2011 18:31 by Foxtrot.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds