BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Bikers

• Keefe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2011 05:18 #16630 by Keefe
Bikers was created by Keefe
Hey up,

Any (ex) bikers out there?

Wondering if to get back into bikes again and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this particular model:- TRIUMPH STREET TRIPLE R

Keep seeing a few pop up for sale and wondered if they were ok for a 'nice weather' ride or not.
Was fancying a Duke but silly silly money.

My last bike, a fair few years ago was a tuned up Kwak Z10, that was proper mental.
Certainly don't want a 'plodder' bike.

So what about these 'ere TRIUMPH STREET TRIPLE R's, any good?

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shagnasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2011 10:23 #16650 by Shagnasty
Replied by Shagnasty on topic Re: Bikers
Ermm - funnily enough I've just given up bikes and taken up the Jimny.

Too many c***s out there who don't care who they hit. Maybe I'm getting old but the standard of driving nowadays is just scary.

On a more positive note one of my mates had a Speed Triple. He loved it.

(PS...don't forget to have your Blood Group tattooed on your arm and take out Life Insurance :evil: )

Best wishes,

John

• Keefe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2011 12:44 #16653 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic Re: Bikers

Shagnasty wrote: (PS...don't forget to have your Blood Group tattooed on your arm and take out Life Insurance :evil: )

Best wishes,

John

LoL!
I already have it on my arm and in my wallet.
A cousin of mine had his address tattooed(?) on his leg at the same time I had the blood group done. 2 years later, he moved house, in fact, he moved counties!!!!
Plonker!!

• SPC5838
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2011 19:59 #16679 by SPC5838
Replied by SPC5838 on topic Re: Bikers
And carry a donor card !

Know what you're saying shagnasty, average car driver doesn't give a toss about bikers. My biking ended before really got started after 6 odd months, dopey woman in a Merc estate turned right straight in front of me from the oncoming lane :woohoo: I ploughed straight into the side of her at 40 as no space to stop :sick: Not been on one since as I was lucky and hit the A post. Couple of inches either way made the difference between going over the bonnet or through the side window and doubt I'd be that lucky twice :blush:

• Keefe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2011 22:58 #16687 by Keefe
I've always ridden as if all car/bus/lorry/van/Volvo/4x4 drivers are pill ocks and always got away with it for 25 odd years.
It was a frigging dog that got me.
Hence the total knee replacement this January followed by a numb left foot.
It was always safer at the likes of Cadwell/Croft/Brands etc.

But I just fancy a little bit of freedom and fun before I take my pension,
234bhp in a front wheel drive car is nothing to write home about, better than 150 I suppose and the Jimny, when it's running, is a laugh but I do miss 2 wheels.
When I think of the 80+mph blasts on the bike and no need to wear an helmet, LoL!

Reason I was looking at the Triumphs is I don't want or need a super dooper sports million mile an hour racer, I certainly don't want an Harley look-a-likee or Gold Wing type, just an un faired naked simple bike that I can nip up to Cumbria and back for a 'blast'.
Another reason, when you 'ride' a bike properly, it's one of the best ways of keeping fit and toned (as they say) and keeping the flab at bay.
So anyway, been doing a bit of reading up on the triples and they get a good write up, an extremely good all rounder.
Oh, and only £135 insurance! Cracked it. :-)

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2011 04:22 - 22 May 2011 04:29 #16693 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Bikers
I had a Volvo XC90 4x4 what does that make me?

Didn't score any motorbikes but got close to getting points for an off duty policeman on a push bike :whistle:

he shot out of a side road without stopping as I was pulling out of the factory gates :angry: - his eyes were like organ stops has he sailed past the front bumper - brakes on the volvo were pretty good for two and a half tonnes
he expressed his displeasure with the security guard who politely told him to s*d off :unsure:
Last edit: 22 May 2011 04:29 by darthloachie.

• Shagnasty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2011 07:17 - 22 May 2011 07:18 #16697 by Shagnasty
Replied by Shagnasty on topic Re: Bikers

SPC5838 wrote: And carry a donor card !

Yup that reminds me. My sister in law is an A&E nurse. When I first met her she smiled and said "It's always nice to meet an organ donor". I said I wasn't and she said, "Oh yes you are, all bikers are but they just don't know it".

Waaa. :ohmy:
Last edit: 22 May 2011 07:18 by Shagnasty.

More
22 May 2011 07:26 #16699 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: Bikers
I had a Volvo XC90 4x4 what does that make me?

It used to be Volvo's but i'm sure it's now BMW drivers that have had their brains removed. Or nearly everyone in Lytham St.Annes. I work nationwide as a field engineer, and Lytham has to have the worst roads. Id rather drive around central London all day.

• myers647
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2011 08:18 #16704 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Re: Bikers
hi mate i have got a bandit 600 at the minute, but I'm looking round for a new bike & iv been looking at the speed triple as well, they have a really good write up & look the dogs. I prefer the stripped down street fighter look as well .I'v also got a focus st 330bhp which shifts but the wife drives that most days and i have my bike and the jimny.

More
22 May 2011 16:51 #16747 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Re: Bikers
Speed Triple? what year?
I have a Triumph Sprint ST with the 955i engine. Its been a pretty reliable bike over the last seven or eight years but now has a split radiator. I'm trying to get it repaired because even used the rads go for silly money.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

• Keefe
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2011 17:25 #16752 by Keefe
Ones I've seen have been the 675cc of round 2009/10.

I'm not bothered about going back up to 1000+cc anymore.
It'll just be a fine day toy.

Similar:-

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem...geName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2011 12:59 #16845 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Re: Bikers
Couple of guys are work have street triples and swear by them. In fact one was looking to replace it with another slightly newer one so he must like it. They do look nice and by all accounts are plenty quick. Quite small bikes though....
Do look good B)

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds