BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

SCORED TODAY!!!!!!! - But I have a question....

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2011 16:15 #14904 by bertbuckie
Well, was on an enviromental awareness course at work today ( Fun not..... I did try telling the tutor the best thing to do with the enviroment was to drive over it but she didnt look too impressed :D )
However, she ( my boss ) then informed us we needed to get rid of all the heating oil on site...... I said how and she said chuck it! - I said WHAT? It's worth a fortune! - she said take it home if you want it :D
So..... I managed to gather enough old oil containers for 150ltrs today..... got about the same empty ones gathered when I got home for toorrow as well :)
Not bad..... free heating oil and get paid my hourly rate to take it away!

However..... how do i tell what grade it is?
My parents have oil heeting you see so I am going to give it to them but I'm not sure if it's the right stuff as it was from a school system.
HELP :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Apr 2011 16:31 #14910 by bertbuckie
To answer my own question....

" I am new to the house - how can I be sure that I require kerosene and not gas oil?

Kerosene is water white, or very pale yellow in colour, and visual examination of the oil tank sight gauge should confirm this. If the sight gauge contains fuel with a dark red appearance then it would suggest that the boiler is designed to run on gas oil. Newer boilers tend to have a label inside with information on nozzle size, pump pressure and confirmation that the boiler has been set up to use kerosene. It may also reference the British Standard for kerosene BS 2869 class C2. "

I will check what colour their oil is...... this is obviously gas oil I have as its red, not kerosine. If nothing else it will be the best parts cleaner in the world lol

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2011 05:02 #14929 by bertbuckie
Well mums central heating uses kerosine :(
..... nevermind, I will get another 150ltrs today and flog it to local farmers half price or something.... and keep a bit for parts cleaner :D

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2011 17:03 #14966 by bertbuckie
I will just bleather here to myself lmfao
got another 100 ltres today of the red gold :D
think my neighbour wants to buy it all as well :D - gotta love living surrounded by farmers :D
Even if I sell it at half price it doesnt matter..... its all profit :D
Unfortunately I only have empty containers to keep 250ltres in or I'd get more :( ..... perhaps when I flog it I will reuse the old ones lol

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2011 18:04 #14974 by Keefe
Isn't there anyone local selling any containers off cheap or willing to loan them out?
Have you tried Ebay, you never know?
If it's all profit, surely worth investing in something to store it all in.

I've three empty, new 20 ltr jerry cans in the garage but I'm miles away.
Once put £50's worth of Shell Super V in my Delica! :blush:

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2011 18:09 #14976 by bertbuckie
lol, theres plenty time.... I asked my co-worker if he wanted any....... " what for? I cant use it" - I said halfes and flog it and he replied " cant be bothered " so its all mine now :D
I might go to the boat yard tho and get some empties, on an " equality and human rights " course tomorrow so might go after that....tried the skip today to no avail :(
I'd happily flog it cheap to local offroaders if anyone here wants.... I might also ask buchan off road club as well...... however my neighbours a spot on bloke and I will also look after him ( he gets me free cubans and cleric etc...... VERY good neighbour to have as a mate ;) )

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2011 18:17 #14978 by bertbuckie
just looked on egay..... not worth investing in containers.... I will just beg/borrow and steal from the boat yard / local joiners / local tire fitters etc.... they all know me well :)

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Apr 2011 18:25 #14982 by Keefe
:laugh:
That's the way to do it.

The school I work at is going to be demolished in 12 months, give or take and there will end up being at least 200 tons of coal left in the bunkers. Trouble is, it's not smokeless.
It's probably the 'cheap' imported chinese muck. I tried some on my multi fuel burner and it smoked like bugger. I'm in a smokeless zone. :blush:

Just thinking of all the solid brass door handles, locks and hinges! Mmmm........

Best get the trailor up and running, me thinks.

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2011 10:25 #15151 by bertbuckie
Well sold 150LTRs today to a friend of my family's, he wants more as well :D - He cant get it for love nor money in the small quantities he wants in this remote location :(
Got £40 ( which the wife quickly robbed £20 of for kids bedding! ) but I should be able to get enough to pay for my cars welding this week :)
Hopefully I will also be able to buy a bluetooth OBDII adaptor so I can use my phone to reset error codes ect on cars :D - A handy investment :)

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2011 11:41 - 17 Apr 2011 11:42 #15152 by Keefe
I was going to invest in one of those cold teeth thingies but have found that it won't work on my 2001 Jim. Same with the diagnostic reader I have. From what I can find out, it's later Jims that can 'connect' with the readers etc.
Mind you, one would work with my Merc so I still might aquire one.

Good news on the fuel sales, LoL!
Don't tell the Missus next time. ;) :laugh:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2011 11:42 by Keefe.

• bertbuckie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2011 17:49 #15181 by bertbuckie
had no choice about missus, dad was with me and was going to grass me up :(
nevermind, was over at wifes grannies today and accidentaly went to the scrappies next door...... got a few more 25ltr drums FOC :D
I will fill the rest and get them flogged soon :)
TBH, I dont even care about making much coin, I just love a freebie :)
I was sitting googling " cold teeth " before I realized....... what a tw@t lol
I was going to get one for my vauxhall :)

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2011 17:54 #15182 by Keefe

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds