BigJimny Meet 2019 discussion

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
  • Its better to have tried and failed.
More
13 Jul 2019 10:23 - 13 Jul 2019 10:27 #210987 by Andy2640

MilkyRon wrote: Andy, hopefully I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but late October in a 'pop up festival tent' is going to be hard going.

Pmsl..... Thank you MR, thanks for a kind and considerate approach, in order to educate a total "Camping numpy". :whistle: :whistle: :lol:

Can anyone recommened a good make tent, suitable for our winter October temps etc.

Appreciated.

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2019 10:27 by Andy2640.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2019 11:37 - 13 Jul 2019 11:37 #210989 by Daniel30
Lets see here
decent tent £70.00 ish (pop up so you don't get soaked pitching it!)
sleeping bag and some sort of mattress to give you a half decent sleep, walk to the toilets in the night...
some sort of kettle and tea/coffee making facilities and ingredients to make the liquid drink and some sort of breakfast
packing it all away on the Sunday groggy from the nights restless sleep
pitch fee

Premier Inn last time i looked £35.00 ish

:whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Last edit: 13 Jul 2019 11:37 by Daniel30.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Andy2640

More
14 Jul 2019 10:26 #211025 by Fossie
Can't confirm at the moment , panhard rods may lead to other issues . However will do our best to get us and daughter in her Jimny there .....when do you think the booking will close?

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
More
14 Jul 2019 16:16 #211040 by Andy2640

Daniel30 wrote: Lets see here
decent tent £70.00 ish (pop up so you don't get soaked pitching it!)
sleeping bag and some sort of mattress to give you a half decent sleep, walk to the toilets in the night...
some sort of kettle and tea/coffee making facilities and ingredients to make the liquid drink and some sort of breakfast
packing it all away on the Sunday groggy from the nights restless sleep
pitch fee

Premier Inn last time i looked £35.00 ish

:whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You make a very compelling case :cheer:

A wise man once said...... When we are Mean, Shout at People, Lose our Tempers, Swear, and generally act like Tool Bags, Never forget ..... We are all Cavemen in Suits, Uniforms and/or Overalls ..... Living in Semi-Concrete Jungles. Andy - 2019 AD.

More
13 Aug 2019 16:00 #212067 by Godfather68
All, for those not local, I can confirm the Premier Inn you are talking about has a good reputation locally (it was only built a few years ago) and the Pub Attached to it is decent (all be it a chain) and does good (chain) food, even puts on a few ales if I recall correctly from the last time we were there. But be warned it is in the middle of nowhere! It is literally the only thing for miles around, so don't expect to walk to anywhere other than the pub from the hotel.

Nearest place to get Fuel/Food etc from hotel is Burghfield Common they have a great Indian there, plus Tesco and an Esso for fuel, air etc.

For those going to the hotel, you are better off approaching from J11 M4 as it is realy easy, where as approaching the hotel from the 4x4 site is a bit of wiggle and there really is nothing to see from the road at the 4x4 site if it is not open.

There is also a great new Italian opened up in Brimpton Common, which is no more than 2 miles away from the 4x4 site, if people are looking for somewhere decent to eat on the nights before or after.

One thing to think about is the 4x4 place is very muddy (given the amount of shit on the road after the normal monthly meets) and the 2 local garages in Tadley do not allow 4x4s to pressure wash down.

If anybody needs any other site intel give me a shout as I am literaly on the door step of the site.

Looking forward to meeting you all there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keithy, Lambert, Soeley, Andy2640

• mlines
  • mlines's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
  • Wokingham, UK
More
13 Aug 2019 16:41 #212068 by mlines
Just to add, there will be a pressure washer on site for a wheels, plates and lights clean. ( not a full valet).

We were there at the weekend and have provisionally booked the burger van

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keithy, Lambert, Godfather68

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Aug 2019 17:33 #212069 by Lambert
Ooooh, burger van! Nom nom nom.

Dreadnaught (black 2011)

• Andy2640
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
    Registered
More
13 Aug 2019 19:38 #212073 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: Ooooh, burger van! Nom nom s

Is it an organic burger van??? And are there any kennels for my corgi's?

More
13 Aug 2019 20:13 - 13 Aug 2019 20:14 #212074 by DAGZOOK
The Mrs Has family near by, If I can convince her to come with you can count me and my Jimny in! Unless this is a Male only Yorkie Bar kind of event.. In which case I'll leave her at the family house :lol: :lol:
Last edit: 13 Aug 2019 20:14 by DAGZOOK.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Aug 2019 04:22 #212079 by Lambert
I will be on my own but only because my wife can't be trusted to not start an archaeological dig on any patch of open ground! As for being yorkie bars only, I thought more than a few ladies were bringing their Jimny anyway?

Dreadnaught (black 2011)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAGZOOK

More
15 Aug 2019 20:59 #212144 by Me and my Jimny
Hi Martin, very excited seeing this, thanks for organising, I'm in.

I've been to Harbour Hill a few times and can confirm to anyone not modified you can still have a great drive round without getting too terrified. Even better, from the easy stuff you can stop and watch a lot of the hard stuff being driven by others. I think it's a great site for all levels.

There are a few vids on you tube that other forum members have done, I'll see if I can find them and put links, or what to search for

Also the closest hotel I know is the hinds head just down in Aldermaston village.

And just a warning there are two speed cameras on the hill between the village and the site, either direction, so look out for them
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

More
15 Aug 2019 21:21 #212145 by Me and my Jimny
Hi Guys

If you search in you tube for '4x4 without a club', which is the regular monthly group at the site, then you get more results. Look for vids from young pretender, nick Horne and Greg Holloway to see what some Jimny 's have been up to there

Just paid BTW Martin

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds