BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Genuine Suzuki Steel wheels & BFG K02 A/T tyres 215/75/15

• DAGZOOK
  • DAGZOOK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
23 Jan 2022 19:37 #241434 by DAGZOOK
Roger, the wheels and tyres are looking fantastic on your little zook. I'm glad that you got the TPMS bypass module communicating properly as I said it's sensitive to vehicle placement but once you find the sweet-spot it's very reliable. I'd changed the batteries once already, so life expectancy is probably around 8-12 months. FYI incase you didn't realise, the Suzuki branded rear plastic hub cabs push out of the alloy wheels and are a perfect fit in the steel hub centre.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2022 09:36 #241452 by Roger Fairclough
DAGZOOK.

I'm not one for excessive bits of trim, so the hub centers will stay with the originals. I put a coat of satin black onto the shaft ends yesterday as they are not treated in any way and will put another coat on today, weather permitting.

Cheers for the notes on pressures, I will drop down to 24 this morning.

Viv was in the car last Saturday and noticed no difference in noise and probably an improvement in stability and cornering.

Cheers

Roger

More
24 Jan 2022 10:45 #241453 by thieuster
This transformation shows (IMHO) that a (any) Jimny looks at its best on steel rims.

Chronologically:
- 1959 Triumph TR3A
- 1970 Saab 96V4
- 1973 Saab 95V4
- 2001 Suzuki Jimny
- 2020 Honda CR-V Hybrid 4x4
Gone:
- 1973 Porsche 914
- 1993 Suzuki Samurai
New:
- 1991 Peugeot 205 automatic with < 60K miles!

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds