BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

wanted jimny 07 manual gearbox

More
24 Aug 2021 20:12 #237846 by Roger Fairclough
If you have been running in 2wd, then, as Lambert said, the front diff. wont have been turning and can't be the source of the noise.
So why is the diff. suffering from low oil level?

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2021 23:56 #237849 by standard2007
it was leaking oil through the drivers side hub, that's been fixed now. Good point about the front diff though. What would happen if the vacuum pipes were reversed on that one hub? Could that partially engage the diff or be the cause of the noise?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Aug 2021 03:15 - 25 Aug 2021 03:15 #237851 by Lambert
It's not impossible to reverse the vacuum lines but it does require effort as they are different lengths and only really fit properly one way.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 25 Aug 2021 03:15 by Lambert.

More
01 Sep 2021 12:55 #238111 by standard2007
The pipe connections are correct. I've noticed the more the car is driven the less the noise, it eventually disappears. But once the car has sat for a while the noise is back. Makes me think somewhere that should be getting oil isn't until the car has run for a while. No sign of the leak since the mini prop change.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds