BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

57 Plate Manual - No mods, no welding, 90K.

• RayPaterson
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 May 2021 13:57 #234974 by RayPaterson
57 Plate Manual - No mods, no welding, 90K. was created by RayPaterson
I am looking at selling my Jimny (reluctantly) as I need something with more space inside. It is a maroon and silver manual. Registration is '57. It has a detachable tow bar and Rhino Racks roof bars fitted - much stronger than originals. It's done 90k miles. I have treated it with Dinitrol every year for the last 7. No welding or chassis rust. Went straight through the last MOT. Kingpins done a few months ago. Never offroaded. It has run perfectly for the 7 years I have owned it apart from a cam sensor a few years ago.
Needs an exhaust back box as it just started blowing a bit but I can do that first if buyer wants. There's a scuff on the front bumper and a bit of paint repair on the bonnet but otherwise bodywork is sound.
At the moment the back seats are out and it has a ply box, much more practical for space. I can easily refit rear seats if preferred.
I have thought about going to part exchange to save all the hassle of selling. 'We buy any car' gave a value of £3,600. No idea how realistic that is.
Is it worth me selling privately rather that Part/ex or 'We buy any'? I can put on photos if it's better sold privately.
Any opinions on what it's worth please?
I am in Gloucester if anyone would like to look.

Thank you

Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2021 18:54 - 11 May 2021 18:58 #234989 by Scimike
Hi Ray, 
AS they say, it's worth what someone will pay, no matter what I say.
We buy any car usually pitch about dealer trade in value, dealers will sell in the region of 4 - 6K. They don't care about the fact you have looked after it, MOT status, mileage and bodywork damage are the mark down points. Super clean ultra low miles may go slightly higher.
A private buyer that's looked a few few rusty Jimny's will appreciate the care you have taken, so I would pitch it in the same area as the dealers.
We buy any car may reduce the online offer once they have inspected it and found every blemish, but you won't know until it's been inspected.
Start higher, you can always reduce if no one is interested and you have a fall back route with we buy if it must go.
They do say winter is the best time to sell a 4x4, not sure myself.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 11 May 2021 18:58 by Scimike.

More
12 May 2021 13:18 #234997 by DrRobin
'We buy any car' and other similar companies quoted price must be considered a starting point, they are only going to come down. I sold my Mum's car to one of these groups last year, we eventually settled on about 2/3rds the online quote, small scrape on the bodywork, scuffed wheels etc, but everything else the car was superb (ultra low millage) and it would probably turn up on a forecourt for more than double what they paid.

At the end of the day my Mum had given up driving, the car had no insurrance, tax or MOT so it wasn't easy to do anything with it and she was happy with getting rid of it off the drive and a few quid back in here account.

At the end of the day the company which bought it was going to sell it at auction, so don't expect too much from one of these companies.

Part Ex or selling privately would be the best option. Look on Autotrader or Ebay, get a fair price and put some pictures up here, it will most likely sell and to someone who appreciates the vehicle rather than a company trying to make a few quid.

People post on here looking for a Jimny (first time), so you might check through the back posts if there is anyone in your area.

Good luck

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
12 May 2021 13:21 #234998 by DrRobin
I should add that the bloke who came to assess my Mum's car was straight and level, he didn't try to pull the wool of my eyes and just gave a fair assessment of what the car was worth to them. I could recommend the company corncerned but don't expect too much, have a look at the 'Auction' value in Parkers rather than the online quote.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 May 2021 14:42 #235000 by Lambert
I got my valuations from a couple of main dealers for Dreadnaught and averaged it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds