BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

WANTED - JIMNY Newcastle/Northumberland

• Andy371
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2021 13:58 #233508 by Andy371
Hi, 
new to the forum and the Jimny community. 
have been unsuccessfully been looking for a Jimny in the Northumberland/Newcastle area. I am based in Morpeth and willing to travel locally.
I am looking for a good runner I can use as a daily driver and for a shooting vehicle.  I have a flexible budget depending on the vehicle so whatever you have I may be interested as long as it has an MOT and is not suffering from the terrible corrosion I keep finding! 
If anyone else is looking in my area I have seen 2 dogs in the past 24 hours, one at Amble completely rotted around the front body mount and one in Whitley Bay with the main chassis burst on both sides so unless you're looking for a body off welding job don't bother with either of them. 
Thanks for reading, 

Andy 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2021 20:38 #233519 by DrRobin
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum, the best resource for all things Jimny. It certainly sounds like you know what to look out for and I am sure you will find a good one soon.

I bought my 2011 Gen3 from a Vauxhall dealership 18 months ago, it was a trade in, I found it on Autotrader.

Good luck finding one, you might get one on here if you can travel, unless you are lucky.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Andy371
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2021 20:43 #233521 by Andy371
Replied by Andy371 on topic WANTED - JIMNY Newcastle/Northumberland
Hi Robin,
Thanks for the advice. I've got my eyes firmly on auto trader so hopefully as you say something will turn up.
Cheers,
Andy

More
07 Mar 2021 20:45 - 07 Mar 2021 20:46 #233522 by Scimike
Hi Andy,
Welcome along. Keep looking, like the truth, good ones are out there.
You may need throw the net a bit further and look at all possibilities, private and garage sales. Like DrRobin ours was found via Autotrader as a trade in, none Suzuki dealer in Chesterfield. I got them to put it on the four post lift so I could inspect for rust, very accommodating garage but it was a one off.
Good luck in your search.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 07 Mar 2021 20:46 by Scimike.

• Andy371
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Mar 2021 20:56 #233523 by Andy371
Replied by Andy371 on topic WANTED - JIMNY Newcastle/Northumberland
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm not discouraged yet! I've been starting with the ones at the lower end of the price scale so hopefully things can only get better.
The two I've seen up to now have both been private 'traders' in a very Trotter's sort of sense.
Bought to flip, undersealed only to hide the rust, misleading adverts and correspondence so you only find out when you've dragged your arse 40 miles!
Thanks for the advice/encouragement and hopefully I'll be posting pictures of my new truck in the near future!
Cheers,
Andy

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds