BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

looking for a reputable dealer

• witchmouth
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2021 20:14 #232227 by witchmouth
looking for a reputable dealer was created by witchmouth
Hi all,

After watching many, many, many videos on Jimny's, I am now on the look out for one. However I would prefer to buy from a dealer so that if I have any worries/needs I have a point of contact that at least has to pretend to care.
Hopefully you Jimny owners may already know of a reputable dealer that you can steer me in the direction of, any and all advice will be received greatfully.
Cheers
Witchmouth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2021 20:56 #232231 by lightning
Are you looking for the new Jimny (Gen 4) or an older one?

More
26 Jan 2021 20:57 - 26 Jan 2021 21:12 #232232 by Scimike
Hi and Welcome.
Are you aiming for Generation 3 or the new generation 4? Edit as above^^^^^^
In both cases it's going to be a case of traveling to see which dealer has what available. Some Dealers have "new" or low mileage generation 4 at inflated prices. I doubt this makes them a good dealer in particular if it's been pre-registered by them, but such is life.
Good luck in your search, but don't excluded the private sale with factory warranty still applicable.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 26 Jan 2021 21:12 by Scimike.

• witchmouth
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2021 21:13 #232233 by witchmouth
Replied by witchmouth on topic looking for a reputable dealer
I am looking at a generation 3 one. Not the soft top type.

More
26 Jan 2021 21:28 - 26 Jan 2021 21:46 #232235 by Scimike
Hopefully you have done the correct thing by asking on here, people will be along with Jimnys for sale.
THe down side is you are probably going to have to travel and have a look at a few. I purchased from a dealer, but not particularly a Suzuki agent. I went the autotrader and Google route and searched for vehicles for sale up to my price limit. I looked a quite a few upto 150 miles away before I eventually found the one for me in Chesterfield. Check the known rust areas, check everything works (4x4 system), you will find good or bad at any age.
if you are not sure what to look for just ask us.Good luck
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 26 Jan 2021 21:46 by Scimike.

More
26 Jan 2021 21:57 #232236 by mlines
Roadworthy in Bristol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• witchmouth
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2021 07:40 #232245 by witchmouth
Thank you. I've been reading a lot on here and learn't about behind the headlights as well as boot space.
I will be sure to ask prior to parting with cash.

• witchmouth
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2021 07:41 #232246 by witchmouth
Replied by witchmouth on topic Re:looking for a reputable dealer
Thank you Mlines, I'm going to have a quick look now.

More
27 Jan 2021 07:57 #232247 by sniper
Speak to Terry or Reece Lofley at their bodyshop in Shirebrook. 01623 742292.... Tell them your budget and they may be able to build you a car from one of their stock shells. If they are in your price range, you won't find a better prepared and protected car. Their restorations are top notch.....

They restored the underside and front end on my Jimny when they converted it to truck cab, it is better than new and will last many years without further repair. 

They obviously can't do much in the banger price bracket but if your budget is above 4k i would make a call to them for sure.....

sniper

• witchmouth
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jan 2021 13:37 #232254 by witchmouth
Thank you Sniper, I am afraid that I'm in the banger range it seems.
However, a little bit more saving may see me in the almost new but not category (insert Smiley face here).

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Jan 2021 16:22 #232262 by Lambert
I wouldn’t be entirely avoiding a banger level Jimny as I have faith in my skill set for turning a Jimny round and into a bit of a weapon. However if I had the skill set of piece of toast I would definitely be looking down the back of the sofa for a bit more budget to get a good late model, because paying a garage to turn a tired Jimny round is a very expensive option.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• witchmouth
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jan 2021 18:12 #232296 by witchmouth
Unfortunately Lambert my skills are shockingly bad and my t5 has been taking most of my money to date, so nothing behind the sofa or under the cat.
However, I can be patient and save.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds