BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Reluctant sale of my JB74W SZ5 in Brisk Blue -19 Plate

• Ash97x
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Nov 2020 08:00 #230490 by Ash97x
Unfortunately due to a change in circumstances I am reluctantly selling my 2019 SZ5 in Brisk Blue.

Car has done around 15k miles and has been well looked after. It is a real head turner, the amount of attention this car gets is unbelievable. Don’t think I need to mention how rare these little wagons are.

I have it up on autotrader for £21995 however would consider near offers for a quick sale. Any questions feel free to send me a message or ping me a text on 07800643048. Plenty of added extras with the car, including stunning BF Goodrich tyres. Currently away working at the moment but will endeavour to post more photos when home.

I will be sad to see it go :(

Cheers
Ash
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2020 21:43 #230573 by lightning
That's a very fair price in the current market, l am sure it will soon sell.

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2020 07:32 - 02 Dec 2020 07:36 #230580 by GeorgeC
As I was curious to know the market situation in my town, I searched "Jimny" on Facebook Marketplace and got 35 responses locally, that's just in and around Perth, WA .
Gen 2 = 4
Gen 3 = 19
Gen 4 = 12
There may be even more on Gumtree Perth!

I wonder if the bubble has burst? :ohmy:
Last edit: 02 Dec 2020 07:36 by GeorgeC.

More
02 Dec 2020 09:36 - 02 Dec 2020 09:37 #230583 by Soeley
I don't know the OPs reason for selling, but I guess a lot of Gen4s for sale now are due to either:

1 People falling for the looks, then after a few months of ownership realised it is too small for their needs or just don't like the driving style.

2 In the current pandemic people loosing work, on furlough cannot afford the new car they bought before Covid19 raised its head.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2020 09:37 by Soeley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

More
02 Dec 2020 10:11 - 02 Dec 2020 10:17 #230584 by lightning
All of the above l imagine.

Also, the first Jimnys will be coming off PCP or finance agreements

lt was the same with the VW Up GTi that we owned, very popular and VW discontinued it.
Prices were high (and still are) but now there are over 100 for sale on Autotrader because they've all come off the PCP or finance. l expect a further surge of used ones will appear after three and four years.

A good time to look for a used Jimny would be three years from its introduction.

lt happened also with the last of the old Defenders, loads of people bought them in 2014/15 to replace their Audi's and BMW's
So for a while they were selling over list price.
Then having owned it for a few months realised it was no Audi/BMW
And as soon as they could, the Land Rover was traded in.
Last edit: 02 Dec 2020 10:17 by lightning.

More
02 Dec 2020 11:46 #230586 by Scimike
George C just made me look at the uk Autotrader situation:

GEN 3 - 63
GEN4 - 59

Not looked for GEN2, but its almost 50/50 at the moment in the uk.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

More
02 Dec 2020 13:25 #230589 by lightning
Yes with the Gen 4 it's a mixture of dealers often trying to get £26,000+ for the last of the new ones, and private sellers who are prepared to sell their Jimny if they can make a profit out of it.

Once we hit the end of 2021 l predict there will be loads of them for sale at the end of three year PCP's

• pixelpower
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2020 22:08 #230618 by pixelpower
More likely start of 2022. I ordered one as soon as it was announced and got one in March 2019. Had to take what they offered, a white SZ4. Paid 15.5k for it. Great car, but limited to short journeys, happy to get 10k back after 3 years, not being greedy. Probably change it for a defender 90 hard top as more room for the dogs. Great as second car though.

More
03 Dec 2020 12:56 #230632 by lightning
Defenders are great but you'll find it unrefined after your Jimny.
They can be improved, mines got Discovery springs, adjustable dampers, extra soundproofing, an engine remap, cruise control and better seats from the later model.

Prices are strong but you can get a good hard top for £10,000
Just be careful of chancers trying their cluck at silly money or tarted up ex farm vehicles.

• GeorgeC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Dec 2020 16:38 #230635 by GeorgeC
Lightning, I did a comparison of Defender and Gen3 Jimny prices for the same year (mid 2000s) and the Jimny goes for more money than the Defender does down here. :)

More
03 Dec 2020 20:20 #230638 by lightning
Ah OK

ln the U.K. it's the other way round, well it is at the moment.

For instance
A good 2005 Defender can fetch U.K. £15,000 where similar Jimnys are half that figure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

• Gilling Red
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Dec 2020 20:23 #230662 by Gilling Red
I have just traded my 2014 Defender and bought a 70 Reg Jimny, I have had Defenders for years and love them, but the sale price of over £30000 for a 2014 is stupid. I bought my last Defender in 2016 for £21500 and 5years later got £21000 trade for it. Sooner than later the prices for "old" Defenders is going to plummet. Genuine spare part prices have gone through the roof. Hope my wife and I enjoy our shrunk Defender for many years.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds