BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

GEN3 Off Road Armoury radius arm guards - new unused - for sale

More
06 Apr 2020 11:42 - 06 Apr 2020 11:45 #220749 by Scimike
I was inspired for a few hours this week to fit my Off Road Armoury radius arm guards. But the truth is I actually have no need for them, so rather than fit them to my road Princess, I have decided to sell so someone can use them properly.
They were in my opinion the best available, but are no longer manufactured. These are new old stock and unfitted, but I did this week spray black waxoyl on he inside ready to fit before I changed my mind. The waxoyl can be easily removed with white spirit, but I will leave it on for the next owner free of charge :cheer:
You get what you see in the photo, 4 guards, unopened fitting kit and A4 instructions.

£55 sold as is.
£5 of the above cost will be donated by me to forum.

You can collect from ST7 4AS or I can post at additional cost. Happy for you to arrange collection, assume box 30x30x30cm and 6kg weight.
Cost of postage £18 ish (collection service from ST74AS with extra protection to £50 value)
Please don't be in any rush in the current environment, it may take a few days for me to get it ready for postage and Postal service's are slower.

If anyone is interested let me know, or it's back on the garage shelf, maybe for a future mud Princess.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2020 11:45 by Scimike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2020 08:49 - 30 Apr 2020 08:49 #221679 by Scimike
Now "sold" - I've had a change of mind!
In this Coronavirus lock down state we find ourselves, I am so bored I have decided to fit them. I still don't need them, but it's going to give me something to do (priceless) and it's an excuse to copper slip the fixing bolts etc.
Just need the rain to stop now :(

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 30 Apr 2020 08:49 by Scimike.

More
30 Apr 2020 09:31 #221680 by Max Headroom
An entertaining thread Scimike - all this made me smile - particularly the wish for it to stop raining :)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
30 Apr 2020 11:01 - 30 Apr 2020 11:02 #221686 by Scimike
Hi Max
Yep, I do change my mind a lot :laugh:

It's the fact they are a little involved to fit with internal spacers that require jiggling into position behind the guard. It's a good feature as it puts all the clamping force through the arm bolt to prevent rotation of the bush, it also gaps the guard off to prevent a mud / moisture trap. It's equally a bad feature as it feels like a pain to get the spacers into position without damaging the underseal etc.

I have can idea on how to fit them and renewed enthusiasm for the project, but not in the rain, but Sunday looks nice. Wish me luck.....

Last edit: 30 Apr 2020 11:02 by Scimike.

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds