BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Gen 3 Detachable Towbar for Sale North East

More
14 May 2019 10:17 #207938 by theoldseacaptain
Jimmy Detachable tow bar for sale. Only on the car for about 6 weeks so basically as new condition. A few chips out of the paint on the edges where it was installed and removed but nothing serious. Comes with all fixings, protective cap, and instruction booklet. NO ELECTRICS.

Only used to tow a small trailer 3 times!

Didn't take any pictures on the car, but it looks quite neat.

Cost £165 - will accept £100. Collection only from Newcastle upon Tyne.

Sadly jimny-less but still got the bug!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• barnsley john
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 May 2019 19:56 #207983 by barnsley john
Replied by barnsley john on topic Gen 3 Detachable Towbar for Sale North East
I mate I was thinking of a tow bar for my jimny gen 3 17 plate
does the ball mechanism just push in to the main frame and can you lock it has I have seen on some with locks on so its harder to nick the ball
is the main frame a straight bolt on to chassis with no cutting of rear bumper bar
and has you say then it wants wiring up
sorry for questions but I am a newbie so need to make Shure its right one etc thanks john

More
15 May 2019 06:55 #208000 by theoldseacaptain
Hi John. The ball attaches to the main towbar frame. There isn’t a key lock on it, It’s a locking pin assembly. The ball cant be removed whilst it’s attached to a hitch though.

Totally bolt on without any modifications or cutting, my mate fitted it and took about 30 mins. He had fitted the exact one to his car too, so probably saved a bit of time. Electrics maybe another hour and really simple. We used the guide here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/wiki/informat...ask=weblink.go&id=51

Only difference he found to the guide is there was no need to remove the bumper and light blanks. It can be done with the bumper all in place and removing the indicators instead.

• barnsley john
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 08:12 #208008 by barnsley john
Replied by barnsley john on topic Gen 3 Detachable Towbar for Sale North East
ok just read message thanks will look at links and electrics john

More
15 May 2019 08:44 #208009 by theoldseacaptain
No Probs. The socket, cable, buzzer and electrical connectors can be bought in a kit for about £10 - and really simple to fit as per the BigJimny instructions. Thankfully no complex electronics or bypass relays required!

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds