Vehicles (17 Jan 2019)

You can now add the vehicles you own to your profile as little icons that appear in your profile and alongside your posts.
This is a bit of an experiment. Take a look under the "REWARDS" menu across the top of the screen for the vehicles "ADD/MODIFY" option.
Let me know how you get on.

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

05' 1.3 JLX, VVT FOR SALE - QUALITY PARTS - GOOD DRIVE

• Thank you received: 87
  • Gen 3 Jimny
14 Apr 2019 11:10 - 16 Apr 2019 18:41 #206051 by sniper
FOR SALE

Engine - Mobil One oil, Suzuki filter, New Suzuki sump, New Yuasa battery, K&N panel filter

Gearbox - Fully synthetic oil, New LUK clutch (5k),

Transfer Box - Replacement fitted (original box has 4L switch fault and is supplied as a spare), Fully synthetic oil, H/D steel mounts, Bolt through rubber bushes, H/D steel guard,

Front Axle - Drilled & grooved Mintex discs with Greenstuff pads, New callipers, HEL braided lines, Polybush camber bushes, Superpro ARB bushes, New drop links, Fully synthetic oil, New bearings and seals throughout, AVM HP manual hubs, Rough Country steering damper

Rear Axle - Rebuilt by M&T transmissions with Quaife ATB differential, Shock re-locators, Fully synthetic oil,

Suspension - AVO +30mm adjustable dampers, Eibach prolift +30mm springs, 15mm Superpro seats, Polybush panhard bushes,

Tyres - BF Goodrich All Terrain "KO2" in 215/75x15 on JLX alloys with 30mm alloy spacers, only 5k with new spare.

ALL the parts listed have been professionally fitted over the last year or so.

The car was built as a tarmac car that would be a capable off roader for green lane driving, it has met that brief. It handles extremely well for a Jimny and you can throw it into corners. Once rolling it can hold a fair turn of speed through tight and twisty B roads.

Off road it is very capable and has surprised many other drivers with more heavily modified cars, driving on muds.

The car is finished in my eyes and about perfect for what it is. I have caught the off roading bug and now want a 4" plus lifted mud plugger to go off road trialing with. Rather than destroy this car, I thought I would offer it for sale/px and see if the deal I want is out there.

It has been maintained without fault and is even going in for a new CV and hub rebuild next week (£250). It's only clicked a couple of times.... but that's how it's cared for.

It has been laned with respect and never been in deep mud or thrashed at a pay and play site.

There is plenty of nettle rash around the car, a local bodyshop quoted £150 to power polish the outside and re-fit the back seats. It would then be in perfect road trim. There is no panel damage or broken plastics. I like only having two seats and with a van back, it is very useful. All trim and seat parts are complete and supplied with the car. It still washes up well and looks new from across the road.

General body condition has been said to be good by all the garages that have worked on it. One small cill repair has been done even though it was only an advisory on last MOT.

There is evidence of surface rust in the normal Jimny places but nothing that cannot be treated and resolved. It's an honest car and nothing has been hidden with underseal. Sorting these niggles was to be this summers job.

Sony bluetooth double din stereo with 4 x uprated speakers.

75k miles, two lady owners prior to me and was never off road, no formal history but the garage that serviced it for the previous owner is known to me. Receipts for all parts / work in my ownership. It is fully serviced and when the CV is completed next week, will be ready for anything.

Have a look at the build thread "discreet but capable" on this forum. Loads of pictures.

Ideally I would like to find a tray back that is lifted to at least 4" with decent components and do a straight swap. so if you've gotten fed up driving your mini monster truck and want a quality road car in exchange, give me a shout.

For sale at £4500.00

Please don't make any offers, it's a firm price if being sold, as a standard road car it would make £3500, it's that good. This has had 3k worth of parts and work, it's at the right money.

Please drive a few cars with this mileage on them and also some other modded cars with £200 lift kits, they are a mile away from this car and will drive nothing like it.

To view or test drive please pm your contact details.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 18:41 by sniper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds