BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Wanted - Offset Steel Wheels

• Venter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jun 2017 22:42 #182258 by Venter
Wanted - Offset Steel Wheels was created by Venter
Hi, as above, am looking for offset wteelies, ET-20 or more.

Based in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, but if you are willing to wrap them I'll arrange for pick-up wherever you are in UK.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2017 17:07 #185387 by furo
Replied by furo on topic Wanted - Offset Steel Wheels
Hi Venter,

I know this post is a few months old but if you're still looking for modular steel wheels I have a set of 5 that I'm looking to sell. They are still on my Jimny but I'm getting them swapped over for stock size this coming week.

The ones I'm selling are 15"x7.5" -139. They are a little over 2 years old and in good condition, apart from one which has some damage (I've been using that as a spare). I can get photos once they are off the car.

My parents live in Aberdeen so it would be easy for me to drop them off.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

• Venter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Oct 2017 22:18 #185407 by Venter
Replied by Venter on topic Wanted - Offset Steel Wheels
Hi mate, it's been an expensive month (whole set of camping gear, a winch, etc etc), so while your offer is much appreciated I won't be able to go for it.

I'm sure they'll sell really quickly, but if they haven't by the start of December I'll go for them, so will get hold of you then...

Cheers

More
22 Oct 2017 08:54 #185410 by furo
I have no problem holding onto them until December bud! I'm not in any rush. And if you change your mind I can easily put up a for sale post then.

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

• Venter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2017 16:54 #185423 by Venter
Ok that sounds great.

I've got my MoT sometime in November, and have some sidewall tears in my current tyres which are probably on the borderline of what's acceptable. If I've gotta get new tyres then may as well get the rims sorted at same time. So let us see what happens there, and if I don't go for them I'll message you right away so you can put them up for sale to someone else.

Thanks for the offer. What price did you have in mind? I'll be able to collect them in Aberdeen as the missus is there for work each day.

More
22 Oct 2017 17:16 #185424 by furo
Ok sounds good, although there's a chance I might not get back to my parents place in November (I live in Glasgow and I'm away on holiday for a bit).

If you're looking for tyres I have 5x 2 year old Goodyear Wrangler ATs in 205/70/15 that are in good shape. No worries if not interested!

I was thinking £85 for the five wheels (they were £40 each new). I was thinking of around £100 for the tyres, but if you want all tyres and wheels I could do that for £150 (but the tyres wouldn't be on the wheels).

• Venter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2017 17:45 #185425 by Venter
£85 delivered sounds good.

No need for the tyres as I need MT's for work and am thinking of getting 235/75/15 (up from my current 215's).

I'll let you know if or when I'll be needing them by, as I can always just arrange a courier if our timings don't sync.

Just to confirm, they are negative offset wheels? A lot of the aftermarket ones have the same specs you mentioned in your post on Friday but are ET00 (I'm looking at between ET-20 and ET-30 offset, which is usually stamped on the rim somewhere).

More
22 Oct 2017 20:14 #185431 by furo
Ah I assumed they were offset because of the stance but they might not be. Unfortunately they aren't for sale anymore so I can't check online and it isn't stamped on the outside of the rim. When they are off I'll see if it's stamped anywhere else and I might be able to measure them myself.

• Venter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2017 21:18 #185434 by Venter
Ok no worries, let me know

More
25 Oct 2017 15:21 #185508 by furo
Hi Venter,

The wheels have been taken off and I can't see anything stamped on them. I've measured from the inside edge of the rim to the centre and its 10.5cm and the overall width is 20cm, so by my understanding they are pretty much zero offset? It also puts their width at closer to 8 inches than the 7.5 inches they were advertised.

So unless I'm mistaken they are 15"x8" with zero offset. So the hub is in the midline, but they are a good bit wider than stock. I know that wasn't what you were looking for, sorry about that. Would you be interested in them at all or definitely looking for offset rims?

More
25 Oct 2017 15:28 #185509 by furo
This is probably the best photo I have showing the width, as you can see they do stick out from the arches a bit.

Attachments:

• Venter
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2017 08:27 #185529 by Venter
Hi mate, I'm gonna have to pass as I'm looking specifically for offsets. I've lifted my vehicle and am putting a roof-cage on (which I'll be loading quite often), so need the wider stance for added stability. Thanks for the offer though and best of luck with selling them.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds