When I started her up for the first time, I noticed a couple of problems. The first was the engine management light (EML) on whilst the second was a stream of water and clouds of steam from the exhaust.
Whilst re-building the front axle I noticed that the offside wheel bearing was really rough. It needed changing so off came the hub for a quick change. I originally documented a wheel bearing change HERE so this is more a quick update on changing it again.
As part of the rebuild I decided to fit my own axle breather kit. My Jimny has the old "hosepipe" style which was large, untidy and the hosepipes had hardened off over the years.
As we all get older things sag at the front, just ask anyone over 50! My Jimny is heavy and my old springs have worn out. However when compared to the new springs the old ones are actually longer! This is more about turns and wire diameter. The new ones have an extra turn and are made of 13mm wire compared to 11mm so I believe they will hold up rather than just compress and sag like the old ones. I can actually press the old ones by hand!
Still, there is a lot of weight up front so I decided to give the springs a fighting chance.